Sign in to follow this  
origami

Radar Chart Small When Legendposition='right'

Hi,

I'm running into an issue with the radar chart. When the legend position is on the bottom, then everything appears fine. However, when using the same xml data but with legendPosition='right', the radar chart becomes very small. How do I go about fixing this issue without having to explicitly specify my desired radar chart width.

Thanks,

origami

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

Please try the same by setting the <radarRadius='140'> attribute inside the <chart> element.

Here, "140" specifies the radius of radar chart in pixels.

If you want to explicitly specify a radius for the radar chart, use this attribute. Otherwise, FusionCharts will automatically calculate the best-fit radius.

More details at:http://www.fusioncha...ar.html#Anchor1

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Hi Angshu,

I already know about the radarRadius attribute, however I have a lot of dynamic generation of charts, so this attribute will not be constant for me and cannot be predetermined. My main problem is with the calculation of the best-fit radius. It seems to not work properly when my legend position is on the right. After some testing, it seems to be related to the category labels. If I use empty strings for all my labels, then the radar chart becomes excessively big showing a cropped view of the centre of the chart. If I use a single character for all my labels, then the auto-sized radar chart looks pretty reasonable. When I use strings that are longer than a single character, the chart becomes too small. I've attached screenshots of these scenarios and I believe I'm using version 3.2.1 of the Radar chart. Is there a way to make the chart auto-size not dependent on category label length?

Thanks,

origami

post-19482-0-77816200-1312549116_thumb.png

post-19482-0-23783100-1312549125_thumb.png

post-19482-0-95129900-1312549131_thumb.png