prajna

Javascript Chart Not Displaying In Chrome + Errors

So I'm using the latest version of FusionCharts and Chrome 18 for OSX and trying to create a chart using the PHPClass library. It works fine in flash but when I set the rendering method to javascript, the chart will load and I can see the basic info, labels, axes, etc, but no data actually on the chart. The page loads with no javascript errors but when I move my mouse around over the chart I can see the labels for the data points and the following message shows up in my js error console:

"event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future."

I noticed the minified version of jqueryincluded with FusionCharts is old so tried updating it to the latest version but it makes no difference.

post-25410-0-03820900-1326689519_thumb.png

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Could you please send us the generated XML code to look into the issue?

Awaiting for your response.

I didn't generate the XML myself, I used the class in FusionCharts_Gen.php. Here is the XML it returns when I use getXML, it's just the sample data from a demo:

<chart caption='Runtime Hours and kW/h per day' PYAxisName='Runtime' NumberSuffix=' hours' SYAxisName='Energy' numberPrefix='' sNumberSuffix=' kW/h'  ><categories  ><category label='Sun - Jan 01'  /><category label='Sun - Jan 02'  /><category label='Sun - Jan 03'  /><category label='Sun - Jan 04'  /><category label='Sun - Jan 05'  /></categories><dataset  seriesName='Runtime (hrs)' showValues='0'  ><set  value='576000'  /><set  value='448000'  /><set  value='500000'  /><set  value='734000'  /></dataset><dataset  seriesName='Energy (Avg kW/h)' showValues='0' parentYAxis='S'  ><set  value='576'  /><set  value='448'  /><set  value='999'  /><set  value='734'  /></dataset></chart>

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Could you please confirm the chart type(swf) and FusionCharts version you are using?

Awaiting for your response.

Chrome error is not something unique happened to you. Sometimes there is a dreadful total crash of the browser and sometime it sends ddifferent errors, upon restarting nothing happens.

Such sorts of errors can be linked to the file association issues. The file association references are the important components of the registry database in Windows.

A registry repair scan, which has the power to fix file association errors, will help you to find the solution for Google chrome error.

I fixed this error after reading this article google chrome error

Hope you might get help from this article too.

Guest Sumedh

Greetings. smile.gif

Thanks a ton for sharing the information.

This will help us a lot!

Happy FusionCharting ! biggrin.gif