Saju

Fusion Charts For Flex Throwing A Script Error

Hi Fusion charts team,

We are currently using a licenced version of fusion charts (Fusion charts core product). Now we have decided to use Fusion charts for flex, since we use Fusion charts in Flex Environment.

a.I downloaded a trial version of "Fusion charts for flex".

b. Copied the FusionCharts.swc in \Charts\swc\FlexSDK4 folder to my /lib folder of project workspace.

c. Replaced the new fusion charts and fusion widgets folder in the workspace.

d. I have clean, build the project and also removed the browser cache.

But when i launch the application it is throwing the below mentioned script error.

Any suggestion to handle this??

ArgumentError: Error #2083: Close failed because the object is not connected.

at flash.net::LocalConnection/close()

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/FCRender()[D:\Repository\FusionCharts For Flex 1.3\Development\Flash_Builder_4\source\com\fusioncharts\components\FusionCharts.as:1682]

Hi Fusion charts team,

Any suggestion to handle this. The error has thrown in com\fusioncharts\components\FusionCharts.as:1682.

Hi Fusion charts team,

We are currently using a licenced version of fusion charts (Fusion charts core product). Now we have decided to use Fusion charts for flex, since we use Fusion charts in Flex Environment.

a.I downloaded a trial version of "Fusion charts for flex".

b. Copied the FusionCharts.swc in \Charts\swc\FlexSDK4 folder to my /lib folder of project workspace.

c. Replaced the new fusion charts and fusion widgets folder in the workspace.

d. I have clean, build the project and also removed the browser cache.

But when i launch the application it is throwing the below mentioned script error.

Any suggestion to handle this??

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/FCRender()[D:\Repository\FusionCharts For Flex 1.3\Development\Flash_Builder_4\source\com\fusioncharts\components\FusionCharts.as:1682]

Hi Fusion charts team,

The error is thrown while calling the FCRender() method.

Also the below mentioned error messages are also observed.

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/initConn()[D:\Repository\FusionCharts For Flex 1.3\Development\Flash_Builder_4\source\com\fusioncharts\components\FusionCharts.as:568

and

at com.fusionwidgets.components::FusionWidgets/initConn()[D:\Repository\FusionCharts For Flex 1.3\Development\Flash_Builder_4\source\com\fusionwidgets\components\FusionWidgets.as:589]

-------------------------

Since we dont have the original code of Fusion charts, Please Suggest with the possible solution.

Hi Fusion charts team,

Any suggestion to handle this. The error has thrown in com\fusioncharts\components\FusionCharts.as:1682.

Edited by Saju

Hi Fusion charts team,

We are passing the data for the chart as a Array Collection.

FCData(arrCol);

Then we are calling the FCRender() method. We know that fusion charts will internally converts the data from array collection as XML data. I have attached the xml file that we took it when fusion charts is set in debug mode.

But when we call the FCRender() method it is throwing a error like

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/FCRender()[D:\Repository\FusionCharts

For Flex 1.3\Development\Flash_Builder_4\source\com\fusioncharts\components\FusionCharts.as:1682

The error is thrown and chart is also rendered.

But if we didnt call the FCRender() method, No error is thrown and chart is rendered properly. But the problem is when we reload the application it is throwing some other error

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/initConn()[D:\Repository\FusionCharts For Flex 1.3\Development\Flash_Builder_4\source\com\fusioncharts\components\FusionCharts.as:568

and

at com.fusionwidgets.components::FusionWidgets/initConn()[D:\Repository\FusionCharts For Flex 1.3\Development\Flash_Builder_4\source\com\fusionwidgets\components\FusionWidgets.as:589]

So we created a sample project and tried to add the data to the chart in both arrayCollection format as well as in XML format. The chart loaded perfectly.

We are using FCChartType="StackedColumn3D". This script error is not reproducible in our sample project.

I think with the line number mentioned in the script error, Since we dont have the original code of fusion charts, you can be able to trace the root cause of this issue.

FusionCharts.as:1682

FusionCharts.as:568Data.xml

FusionWidgets.as:589

Hope this information helps for further analysis.

Hi,

Could you please mail us the sample code at "[email protected]"?

In case this is not possible, please send us the relevant XML data along with the chart types that you are currently using.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

Could you please confirm if you are using SWF files from the FusionCharts XT (core) into your Flex applications?

In case yes, please note that FusionCharts XT is a core product and altogether different from FusionCharts for Flex if you are trying to use the charts in Flex application. Hence, there are chances that the core SWF files would display discrepancies when loaded into a Flex application. For using charts in Flex application, we have altogether different product, i.e, FusionCharts for Flex, that I had previously mentioned.

FusionCharts XT had been coded in ActionScript 2 (Flash 8 - AVM1). We haven’t ported them to ActionScript 3 (AVM2), instead, we have modified the existing FusionCharts SWF files, so that, they can load efficiently in your Flex solutions and then be controlled by your Flex code. To facilitate cross communication between AVM1 and AVM2 we have used LocalConnection.

FusionCharts for Flex v1.3 runs on Flash Builder 4 and Flex SDK with the help of the SWC files provided in the FusionCharts for Flex pack.

Could you please try using the SWF files from the FusionCharts for Flex v1.3 pack, instead of FusionCharts XT core when your application is Flex based?

Please refer to the FusionCharts for Flex Online Documentation for further reference.

Ref.- http://docs.fusionch...om/flex/charts/

Also, in case the issue still persists after replacing the Core SWF with the FusionCharts for Flex SWF, please mail us the relevant code so that we might test it.

Hi Fusion charts team,

When we call the FCRender for the first time, the script error is thrown. On calling the FCRender () method for the second time the script error is not thrown.

and

and

at com.fusioncharts.components::FusionCharts/FCRender()[D:\Repository\FusionCharts For Flex 1.3\Development\Flash_Builder_4\source\com\fusioncharts\components\FusionCharts.as:1682

Please Note: We are not getting this script error in our sample project created. And it is not possible for us to send the original code. With the licenced fusion charts core product we didnt see such a kind of error. And we are in a process to purchase fusion charts for flex after evaluation.

Please find the line numbers of the files where the error thrown in the fusion charts code.

FusionCharts.as:568

FusionWidgets.as:589

FusionCharts.as:1682

With the line numbers mentioned please find the root cause of this error. From this script error we observe some problem with the local connection.

Hi,

Could you please confirm if you are using SWF files from the FusionCharts XT (core) into your Flex applications?

In case yes, please note that FusionCharts XT is a core product and altogether different from FusionCharts for Flex if you are trying to use the charts in Flex application. Hence, there are chances that the core SWF files would display discrepancies when loaded into a Flex application. For using charts in Flex application, we have altogether different product, i.e, FusionCharts for Flex, that I had previously mentioned.

FusionCharts XT had been coded in ActionScript 2 (Flash 8 - AVM1). We haven’t ported them to ActionScript 3 (AVM2), instead, we have modified the existing FusionCharts SWF files, so that, they can load efficiently in your Flex solutions and then be controlled by your Flex code. To facilitate cross communication between AVM1 and AVM2 we have used LocalConnection.

FusionCharts for Flex v1.3 runs on Flash Builder 4 and Flex SDK with the help of the SWC files provided in the FusionCharts for Flex pack.

Could you please try using the SWF files from the FusionCharts for Flex v1.3 pack, instead of FusionCharts XT core when your application is Flex based?

Please refer to the FusionCharts for Flex Online Documentation for further reference.

Ref.- http://docs.fusionch...om/flex/charts/

Also, in case the issue still persists after replacing the Core SWF with the FusionCharts for Flex SWF, please mail us the relevant code so that we might test it.

Edited by Saju