Brant Peery

Linked Charts For Unlimited Drill Down?

There is a handy feature in your Charts XT product that is called linked charts. Why is this not included with the Collabion stuff?

The only reason that I can come up with is that the setup interface would be difficult to create. Why not then allow us to edit the XML for the chart. Surely you are using the same charting engine in the background to create the Collabion charts that you use for the Charts XT stuff.

Can I simply change the XML to be a linked chart and have it work?

I need this feature so that I can buy this product.

Hi Brant,

Collabion uses LinkedCharts feature for Drill Down but that is just single level drill-down.However, We have added this request in product's wishlist.

Hi Rahul Kumar,

is there any news regarding the multi level drill down, is this or will this functionality be implemented?

If yes when?

Thank you in advance,

KOR

Hi,

I am afraid, this is not implemented.

Could you please share your idea how exactly multi-level drill down should work? I mean what type of data do you have which can be used for multi-level drill-down?

Hi,

I am afraid, this is not implemented.

Could you please share your idea how exactly multi-level drill down should work? I mean what type of data do you have which can be used for multi-level drill-down?

Hi,

first thank you for fast response.

I will use the country/cities chart example from the Collabion video examples.

- 1st level countries

- 2nd level Cities

- 3rd level could be business departments located on this city of 2nd level

- 4th level could be departments members of business departments 3rd level

- 5th ...

I would welcome if the wizard give me the possibility to use more than one drilldown chart.

So it gives me the posibility to offer rough and detailed information depending on the requirements of the user.

This also means that I could offer one chart for Management purposes (need facts/general results) and random users (need detailed facts/results) would be able to drill down the results as they want.

I hope I could give you a look into my thoughts.

Regards,

KOR

Edited by KOR

Hi Kor,

Thanks for explaining it. The exact use case for the multi-level drill down is in our list and we'll try to add this in the next major release.

Hi Rahul,

sounds good!

When is the major release planed?

# See also a Fusion Chart live demo of multi level drill down:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/Code/JavaScript/Basics/UsingLinkedCharts/MultiLevelLinkedCharts.html