Claire

Invalid Data Message

I am evaluating the trial version of collabion charts for SharePoint but I have run into a problem. I have created a couple of charts on the same SharePoint list and both of them are displaying the message "invalid data". I have managed to narrow this down slightly and discovered that if I do not have any grouping the chart displays fine. I thought this might be caused by my list having some empty fields, as I know you cannot group on empty fields, so I created a new list view to filter out only the information without empty fields and this still hasn't worked.

The other odd thing is that I can see the charts rendering correctly, but none of the sharepoint site users can it is they who get the invalid data message. I have tried adding one of the people who is affected to the site owners group in case it was a permissions thing but that hasn't worked. It seems only site collection administrators can see this particular chart.

Any suggestions as to what might be the cause of the message?

Edited by Claire

Here is the debug info on the chart

Debug Information:

Renderer: Flash

Flash Player installed: true

Browser Information:

App code name: Mozilla

App name: Microsoft Internet Explorer

Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Platform: Win32

User agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Invoker: Error message

[object Object]

and here is the error log

[b]Title[/b]
Chart settings could not be retrieved. Please check your connection settings and try again. 
[b][url=""]Date[/b]
26/02/2013 16:14 
[b][/url]Type[/b]
Error 
[b]<a name="SPBookmark_Exception">Exception[/b]
List titled CollabionCharts_ChartConfiguration does not exist. Please verify and try again. 
[b][url=""][/url]Stack Trace[/b]

at Collabion.Charts.DAL.ListHelper.Get[T](SPWeb web, String listTitle, SPQuery query, Func`2 converter) 
  at Collabion.Charts.DAL.Managers.DataManager.Get[T](SPQuery query, Func`2 converter) 
  at Collabion.Charts.DAL.Managers.ChartConfigurationManager.Get(String webPartId) 
  at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.ProcessCalculatedColumns(DataTable table) 
  at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.<>c__DisplayClassc.<GetDataFromStorage>b__9() 
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2() 
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) 
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param) 
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode) 
  at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.GetDataFromStorage() 
  at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.Base.DataProviderBase.GetData() 
  at Collabion.Charts.Business.ChartBuilder.GetData(IDataProvider provider, ChartConfiguration configuration, Boolean preview) 
  at Collabion.Charts.Business.ChartBuilder.GetXml(ChartConfiguration configuration, IDataProvider provider, Boolean preview) 
  at Collabion.Charts.Business.ChartBuilder.GetXml(ChartConfiguration configuration, Boolean preview, String IsDynamicFilter) 
  at Collabion.Charts.Business.WebService.GetChartXml(String webPartId, String IsDynamicFilter) 
  at Collabion.Charts.WebServicePage.OnInit(EventArgs e)

I'm now getting an error "No data to display". I can see the chart perfectly but anybody who is not a site collection administrator cannot.

Hi I've not had the time to dedicate to looking at this problem until now.  After reading the through the forums I found somebody else who was having the same issue as me, as a site collection admin I am able to see the chart but site contributers are not able to see the chart.  So after finding that they had resolved their issue by installing the latest beta, I did the same.  However, now I am completely unable to group by the month in a date field.  I get a huge error when I go to the debug window.

Debug Information: 
Renderer: Flash
Flash Player installed: true
Browser Information: 
App code name: Mozilla
App name: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Platform: Win32
User agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Invoker: Error message

SharePoint Version: 14.0.6134.5001

ErrorLog entries: 
Date: 07/06/2013 09:08:27
Title: Chart preview could not be generated. Please check your chart settings and try again.
Chart Version: 1.1.2.0
Exception Method: GetChartXmlPreview
Exception: Chart preview could not be generated. Please check your chart settings and try again.
Type: Error
Stack Trace:    at Collabion.Charts.Business.Helpers.DataTableHelper.ApplyGroupBy(DataTable sourceTable, GroupByOperation groupBy, ChartConfiguration chartConfiguration)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.<>c__DisplayClassf.<GetDataFromStorage>b__9()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.GetDataFromStorage(ChartConfiguration ChartConfiguration)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.Base.DataProviderBase.GetData(ChartConfiguration ChartConfiguration)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.ChartBuilder.GetData(IDataProvider provider, ChartConfiguration configuration, Boolean preview, String IsDynamicFilter, String drillLimit, String DatasetIndex, String DrillDownTitle)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.ChartBuilder.GetXml(ChartConfiguration configuration, IDataProvider provider, Boolean preview, String IsDynamicFilter, String drillLimit, String DatasetIndex, String DrillDownTitle)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.ChartBuilder.GetXml(ChartConfiguration configuration, Boolean preview, String IsDynamicFilter)
Inner Stack Trace: 
Inner Exception: 
Additional Information: 
Request: http://myserver/_layouts/CollabionCharts/WebService.aspx
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 07/06/2013 09:08:27
Title: Data from the selected data source could not be retrieved. Please check your connection settings and try again.
Exception Method: GetData
Exception: Item does not exist.

The page you selected contains an item that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.
Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.DeleteItem(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Int32 lID, UInt32 dwDeleteOp, Guid& pgDeleteTransactionId)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.DeleteCore(DeleteOp deleteOp)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.Delete()
   at Collabion.Charts.DAL.ListHelper.DeleteItems(SPWeb web, String listTitle, SPQuery query)
   at Collabion.Charts.DAL.Managers.DataManager.DeleteItems(String primaryKeyName, Int32 primaryKeyValue)
   at Collabion.Charts.DAL.Managers.DataSetManager.SaveDataSets(Int32 configurationId, IList`1 dataSets)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.ProcessCalculatedColumns(DataTable table)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.<>c__DisplayClass25.<GetDataFromStorage>b__1f()
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.GetDataFromStorage(Boolean includeFiltering, Boolean includeGrouping, Boolean includeSelectedFields, ChartConfiguration ChartConfiguration)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.WebService.GetData(String webPartId, String name, String configurationStep, String startRecord, String recordsLimit, String IsDynamicFilter, String HotspotWebPartId)
Inner Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.DeleteItem(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Int32 lID, UInt32 dwDeleteOp, Guid& pgDeleteTransactionId)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.DeleteItem(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Int32 lID, UInt32 dwDeleteOp, Guid& pgDeleteTransactionId)
Inner Exception: Item does not exist.

The page you selected contains an item that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.
Additional Information: 
Chart Configuration: 
   WebPartId: g_bcf1756c_27b3_45cb_a405_5b64bfac6964
   Settings: {"chart":{"data":null,"_previewanimation":1,"_exportenabled":1,"_exportatclient":0,"_exportshowmenuitem":1,"_exporthandler":"/_layouts/CollabionCharts/FCExporter.aspx","_html5exporthandler":"/_layouts/CollabionCharts/FCJSExporter.aspx","_exportcallback":"CC_onAfterExportObjectSaving","_exportaction":"download","_exportfilename":"Collabion Charts","_aboutmenuitemlabel":"About Collabion Charts","_aboutmenuitemlink":"n-http://www.collabion.com/","_showsecondarylimits":1,"_showdivlinesecondaryvalue":1,"_animation":1}}
   Height: 460
   Width: 400
   Type: 14
   ProviderName: g_bcf1756c_27b3_45cb_a405_5b64bfac6964
   CategoriesColumnName: Start_x0020_Date
   CategoriesAttributes: 
   CategoriesSort: 
   CategoriesDateDisplayFormat: dd/MM/yyyy
   IsFlashRender: True
   DrillDownSort: 
   DrillDownGroupBy: 
   DrillDownFunction: -1
   GroupDatesBy: 0

Provider Configuration: 
   ProviderType: 0
   Entity: ebdfa1d7-ff1d-4aa4-936d-5afe3ddee3d5
   View: dc2236a6-bd6f-4344-83d2-ac003de5bfcc
   ViewFields: Start_x0020_Date,Course_x0020_Price,Financial_x0020_Year,
   GroupByColumnName: Start_x0020_Date
   SplitByColumnName: 
   GroupDatesBy: 3
   FilterGroupDateType: 0
   FilterGroupDateValue: 
   Query: 
   QueryVariables: 
   IsEncrypted: True

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 07/06/2013 09:07:52
Title: Chart preview could not be generated. Please check your chart settings and try again.
Exception Method: GetData
Exception: Chart preview could not be generated. Please check your chart settings and try again.
Stack Trace:    at Collabion.Charts.Business.Helpers.DataTableHelper.ApplyGroupBy(DataTable sourceTable, GroupByOperation groupBy, ChartConfiguration chartConfiguration)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.<>c__DisplayClass25.<GetDataFromStorage>b__1f()
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.GetDataFromStorage(Boolean includeFiltering, Boolean includeGrouping, Boolean includeSelectedFields, ChartConfiguration ChartConfiguration)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.WebService.GetData(String webPartId, String name, String configurationStep, String startRecord, String recordsLimit, String IsDynamicFilter, String HotspotWebPartId)
Inner Stack Trace: 
Inner Exception: 
Additional Information: 
Chart Configuration: 
   Settings: {"chart":{"data":null,"_previewanimation":1,"_exportenabled":1,"_exportatclient":0,"_exportshowmenuitem":1,"_exporthandler":"/_layouts/CollabionCharts/FCExporter.aspx","_html5exporthandler":"/_layouts/CollabionCharts/FCJSExporter.aspx","_exportcallback":"CC_onAfterExportObjectSaving","_exportaction":"download","_exportfilename":"Collabion Charts","_aboutmenuitemlabel":"About Collabion Charts","_aboutmenuitemlink":"n-http://www.collabion.com/","_showsecondarylimits":1,"_showdivlinesecondaryvalue":1,"_animation":1}}
   Height: 460
   Width: 400
   Type: 14
   ProviderName: g_bcf1756c_27b3_45cb_a405_5b64bfac6964
   CategoriesColumnName: Start_x0020_Date
   CategoriesAttributes: 
   CategoriesSort: 
   CategoriesDateDisplayFormat: dd/MM/yyyy
   IsFlashRender: True
   DrillDownSort: 
   DrillDownGroupBy: 
   DrillDownFunction: -1
   GroupDatesBy: 0

Date: 07/06/2013 09:07:52
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.<>c__DisplayClassf.<GetDataFromStorage>b__9()
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.ListDataProvider.GetDataFromStorage(ChartConfiguration ChartConfiguration)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.Base.DataProviderBase.GetData(ChartConfiguration ChartConfiguration)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.ChartBuilder.GetData(IDataProvider provider, ChartConfiguration configuration, Boolean preview, String IsDynamicFilter, String drillLimit, String DatasetIndex, String DrillDownTitle)
   at Collabion.Charts.Business.ChartBuilder.GetXml(ChartConfiguration configuration, IDataProvider provider, Boolean preview, String IsDynamicFilter, String drillLimit, String DatasetIndex, String DrillDownTitle)
Inner Stack Trace: 
Inner Exception: 
Additional Information: 
Date: 07/06/2013 09:07:41
Title: The chart preview could not be generated. Please check your connection settings. Additionally, please revert your last changes to chart settings and try again.
Exception: Item does not exist.

Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.DeleteCore(DeleteOp deleteOp)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.Delete()
   at Collabion.Charts.DAL.ListHelper.DeleteItems(SPWeb web, String listTitle, SPQuery query)
   at Collabion.Charts.DAL.Managers.DataManager.DeleteItems(String primaryKeyName, Int32 primaryKeyValue)
   at Collabion.Charts.DAL.Managers.DataSetManager.SaveDataSets(Int32 configurationId, IList`1 dataSets)
Inner Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.DeleteItem(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Int32 lID, UInt32 dwDeleteOp, Guid& pgDeleteTransactionId)
Inner Exception: Item does not exist.

Additional Information: 

Operating System Details
OS Version: 6.1.7601.65536
OS Platform: Win32NT
OS ServicePack: Service Pack 1
OS Version String: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Hi Claire,

Could you please also let us know the settings you are using in Grouping and Drill-Down section as image and the data you are using? Also, is it happening with all the charts you are configuring?

I think the problem might only be associated with just one list on the site, if I group chart data associated with another list on the site there doesn't seem to be a problem.

The list I am having problems with is quite large and has a lot of columns, however I am trying to create a chart that just shows what we have spent on training each month, therefore I am grouping by the month.  I thought perhaps the problem might be because I was grouping on a date (month) so I attempted to create another chart based on the same list of data but this time group on something else, such as money spent with each training provider, but I am still having the same problem.

I thought that the problem could have been caused by some of the fields being empty, for instance the date field that was being grouped had a couple of empty values, so I put some values in there but the problem persists.

In the attached screen shot I have grouped by the course provider and I am summing the amount of money spent with each one.  As you can see from the attached Graph.jpg I am able to see the rendered chart correctly logged in as myself (site collection admin).  If I log in as a standard user, with contribute rights to the site, they see "no data to display", as per the attached image error.jpg. 

post-37013-0-91244900-1371115114_thumb.jpg

post-37013-0-55078500-1371115149_thumb.jpg

post-37013-0-90060100-1371115481_thumb.jpg

Hi Claire,

Is it possible for you to send us the SharePoint List STP file (exported with contents) via email to [email protected], with the following information:

1. Location of chart web part i.e. is the added to the Web (Sub Site) or at Site Collection or Parent site level?

2. From the previous log, it tells that you are using SharePoint 2010, please let us know if it is not.

3. Where source SharePoint List is located, Web (Sub Site) or at Site Collection or Parent site level?

Please also mention the this forum post in the email.

Hi Claire,

One more thing, do you have any "Calculated Column" in this list? Also, as you said the target audience are contributors so do they have permission to modify/add/remove any list content or its limited (readonly permission)?

Hi Rahul

There are seven calculated columns in the list but I am not using any of them as data for my graphs.  I can confirm that we are using SharePoint Foundation 2010 and that the users have permission to add/remove/modify the list contents.  The chart web part is in the same site as the list data, however the site that contains the list data and the chart webpart is a subsite of another site.  I don't think this is causing the issue though as I tried creating a new site at a higher level and the same list with the same data in and I still get the charting problem.  I suspect it is my list data, just don't know what.  I will download the updated version and try that then come back to you.

Hi Claire,

Thanks for these information. We found an issue if SP List contains calculated columns (even it is not in use) which has been fixed in the updated version which I posted in my previous post.

I hope this will fix the issue you are getting.

Hello Rahul.  I've installed version 1.1.3 and I am happy to report that this has resolved my issue.  I can now log in as a standard user and see the chart data.  Thank you very much for all your assistance.

hi this is ananth,

i am  using collabion chart in sharepoint server. i am unable to create a chart using excel file. Its giving super script error. Can any one help me??

Thanks in advance

Hi Ananth,

Did you try with a simple/different excel file (just to check whether this issue occurs only with a specific file or all files)?

It should be working fine, we do not find such bugs with Excel data module. It seems, it is not able to parse/read the Excel file which you are using. So could you please send us the Excel file at [email protected] so that we can dig more for this issue?