Sign in to follow this  
Ranen

2D Column charts bar size

Hello,

I have 2 portlets- related by drill down, 1st portlet - pie charts -->click on a Pie --> 2nd portlet opens as Bar charts. Now all the pies of the pie chart does not return same no of rows, so sometimes 2nd Portlet will have 5 bars and sometimes only 1 or 2. If I have more rows, size of the bar becomes smaller(width of the bar) but if the no of rows return by the drill down query is less, then size of the bar automatically becomes bigger. 

Now question is - is there any way we can control the size of the bar- I want consistent size. Please refer to the image.

In image 1st pic has got only 3 bars and 2nd one has got 8 bars, 1st one does not look good.

Regards

post-36132-0-58459800-1373305271_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I have 2 portlets- related by drill down, 1st portlet - pie charts -->click on a Pie --> 2nd portlet opens as Bar charts. Now all the pies of the pie chart does not return same no of rows, so sometimes 2nd Portlet will have 5 bars and sometimes only 1 or 2. If I have more rows, size of the bar becomes smaller(width of the bar) but if the no of rows return by the drill down query is less, then size of the bar automatically becomes bigger. 

Now question is - is there any way we can control the size of the bar- I want consistent size. Please refer to the image.

In image 1st pic has got only 3 bars and 2nd one has got 8 bars, 1st one does not look good.

Regards

Hi,

Could you please provide a specific value explicitly for the attribute "plotSpacePercent" and see if this helps?

<chart ... plotSpacePercent='50' >

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

The attribute "plotSpacePercent" defines the spacing between two columns. By default, the spacing is set to 20% of canvas width. Hence, you may try removing the use of this attribute in your XML/JSON data, in which case the columns will be plotted with their default rendering.

Hope this helps.