kywolf

Real time scaling incorrectly

We've recently converted all our FusionCharts and FusionWidgets from Flash to JavaScript.  After converting, we noticed that some of the real-time graphs don't scale properly when receiving new data.  The load fine initially but at some point, the y-axis gets out of scale.  Any idea how I can fix this?

post-27060-0-66125400-1389211189_thumb.jpg

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Could you please confirm once, (as per the screen shot) whether the real-time data provided to the chart is having very high values at certain point of time and after that the range comes down to 0 to 60?

If this is that case, please note that the Y-Axis upper limit initially was "70" as all the data points are within the range, but for certain high value, the upper limit will automatically change to "300" which later will not reduce even if the data range reduces to 0 to 60.

Hope I am able to clarify myself.

We just pushed the JavaScript charts to the live prod site so there is some urgency with this.  I'd appreciate any quick response you can provide.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

We have tested by creating simple Real-Time Area chart and it is changing the Y-Axis upper limit as expected, based on the data inputs.

Please check the demonstration video of the same for your reference, from link: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2V6hanf87

Also, please find the attached sample (using Evaluation version of latest FusionCharts Suite XT v3.3.1-sr3.21100 files) to test at your end.

In case if you are using the older version, could you please try once with the latest files and see if it helps.

Awaiting your response.

Test.zip

Perhaps you're overlooking what I think is the most interesting part.  These are not new graphs.  We've had these graphs on a site for over a year.  It was when we changed from Flash to JavaScript that this issue began happening.

Also, we are always using the latest version of FusionChart/Widgets.  I cannot see the video as it's blocked by work proxy.

Perhaps you're overlooking what I think is the most interesting part.  These are not new graphs.  We've had these graphs on a site for over a year.  It was when we changed from Flash to JavaScript that this issue began happening.

Also, we are always using the latest version of FusionChart/Widgets.  I cannot see the video as it's blocked by work proxy.

Hi,

Could you please send us a scaled down sample of your implementation?

In case your value is never above 10, the chart would not calculate 300 as the upper limit. Since this is happening at your end, we would request you to send us your sample so that we might test it. Please make sure it includes the live link for the dataStreamURL so that the fetched in data comes correctly.

Awaiting your feedback.

What do you mean by scaled down?  Do you want me to send you the code?  The site has confidential data on it and requires a login so I cannot get you access to the charts.  

I attached the code to one of the charts and a screen shot of what the chart looked like.

Here's an example of the live data feed:

&label=11:53 AM&value=23|0

post-27060-0-46867500-1389632437_thumb.jpg

sample_chart.txt

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

We are trying to replicate the similar issue with the data you provided.

We will update you on this, as soon as possible.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

We are able to replicate the similar issue for Stacked charts and doing some more testing to find he exact issue.

Further any updates on this, we will keep you posted.

Guest Sashibhusan

Yes, this issue has been identified as a bug with the current version of FusionWidgets XT v3.3.1sr3 and will be fixed in the upcoming releases.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Sashibhusan

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

We are still working on this issue.

We will update you, once the issue will be fixed from our end.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Glad to let you know, the issue of "Real-Time chart scaling" has been internally fixed, which will be coming in next release.

However, currently we do not have the final date for the upcoming release. Hopefully it would be mid of next month.

Further any updates on this, we will keep you posted.

This has gotten really bad.  As you can imagine, people have lost patience with the issues we continue to experience with FusionCharts XT (3.3.1 SR3).

Time for us to move on and evaluate others.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

Could you please upgrade your current version to the latest, i.e, FusionCharts v3.4 that includes a lot of new features and enhancements?

You can see the upcoming new docs at http://docs.fusioncharts.com and new additions at http://docs.fusioncharts.com/tutorial-setup-whats-new.html.

Please verify the issue with the latest release and let us know your valuable feedback.

I hope this helps. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.