KOR

Chart performance issues on dashboard page

Hi,

I use collabion for reports and dashboards.

For sure it's a mandatory requirement to visualize multiple charts on one single SP page - to make it possible for specific people to direct the business in regard to the needs.

My issue is not that much the performance as the spacing issues.

It seems to me that if I have two reports on one single row (leave dynamic width) that a fight between the reports is starting.

Normally I would expect that every charts should use 50% of the page size. On Page load this is true, but if I click on a chart the clicked Chart gets 70% of space.

Do anybody have experience with such a behavior like this?

THX

KOR

post-37795-0-86144800-1409758708_thumb.jpg

Problem still exists...

...how should I select Collabion as a reporting tool that does not work on Dashboards?

I also research for a dashboard (multiple charts on one page) chart gallery at www.collabion.com - I couldn’t find any only FusionCharts are presented as dashboard pages.

Is this maybe a known issue?

Hi KOR,

Not sure why are you getting this issue. I did the same did not get this issue post-1758-0-12425700-1409920101_thumb.jpg .

Which method are you using to make the charts in a single row and, which version of Collabion Charts you are using?

Hi I use the following versions:

Collabion 1.1.8.0
SharePoint Server 2010

For the charts which are placed in a row we use a Webpart Page that offers a horizontal Weppart-Adding area (see pic).

Unfortunately we had a problem with the V2 of Collabion... it was a little mess, no chart was compatible anymore and we are still at V1 after restore old version back

Regards, KOR

post-37795-0-74548700-1410251805_thumb.jpg

Hey Rahul,

I try it on the DEV environment with Collabion V2.0.2.0.

And unfortunately there is also the same behavior!?

(see attached screenshots)

I saw at your screenshot that you might not reproduce my starting point... I use a webpart page where it is possible to place two charts in a row and they share the available space (depends on browser windows size) fity-fifty.

I guess that you entered fix width values, right?

Thanks, KOR

post-37795-0-42154100-1410269241_thumb.jpg

post-37795-0-37488400-1410269264_thumb.jpg

BTW: On Load of page the Charts do correct share the space - only after one click on a chart the ratio moves to a 30-70 and another click the ratio goes to 20-80 ratio

Update: This ratio conflict happens also on random Wiki pages if i dont use fix width values like on a table ... when I use a table (one row - two columns) and set the table width on 100%

Edited by KOR

Hi KOR,

We also tried with WiKi page with the following HTML table code but did not get this issue.

<table style='width:100%'>
<tr>
<td  style='width:50%'>
</td>
<td  style='width:50%'>
</td>
</tr>
</table>