Sign in to follow this  
Danlop

How to Change the Hover Text (Export Chart) on Download Button

Hello,

I am trying to change the text which appears when a user hovers over the "Export Chart" button. Currently the text is "Export chart" which works well for my charts on English pages, but I need to be able to change that text to French for the French pages. How can I do this?

Please note, I know how to change the text which appears after the user clicks the "export chart" button by using the exportFormats parameter. But this is not my issue. My issue is with the hover text which says "Export chart" when a user hovers over the button.

I have submitted a ticket to support and their response was that the text cannot be changed.

Has anyone run into this problem? If so, how did you address it?

Thank you very much and have a great day!

I have found a solution to this issue.

The text for the hover tooltip is found on line 992 of the fusioncharts.js file. You can run a search in that file for "Export chart" to find it. Simply replace this text to whatever you want.

If, like me, you need to have some charts in English and some in French or any other language, then the solution I used was to simply copy the entire "fusioncharts" folder (the one which contains the fusioncharts.js, fusioncharts.charts.js, fusioncharts.php, etc, files) (I renamed mine to fusioncharts_fr for French) and then have your html files load the fusioncharts.js from the appropriate folder.

Hope this can help someone who runs into the same problem.

Hi,

The tooltip of 'Export chart' can be changed if you have the source code file of FusionCharts.

The details for the same can be shared if you are a licensed customer.

Please confirm for it. Awaiting response.