Bharat Patel

Annotations and macros

Hi There,

There seems to be problem with using macros with annotations.

If I set my chart with to 1000px then fusion chart will plot all the X Axis labels and the annotations will draw correctly.

However, if the chart size is set to 700px then the annotations marked against the label hidden by fusion charts start to display at the far left hand.

How do I fix it. I am using the chartEndY to ensure that I am able to increase the height of the chart without having to adjust the annotations position.

post-62744-0-40332700-1453384280_thumb.png

I am not able to post the chart data - XML as forum does not support posting long data.
Please get in touch to get the chart data

Kind Regards,
Bharat

Hi

FusionCharts Suite use smart label management which allocates space to plot and labels based on chart dimensions and no. of data plots, In the use-case scenario you described when width of chart is 1000px then labels are not getting truncated so annotations can get values from macros and they are in place but when the width of chart is 700px then labels are getting truncated in canvas space and macros for those labels are not available that is the reason they are appearing on far left end.

The only workaround for this situation is to increase the width of the chart.

Hi Gagan,

I do not completely agree with you. I do have a work around but the thing is that it is sensitive to changing the height of the chart.

If in future someone went in to increase the height of the chart, then it will involve adjusting the formulae that I have in place currently.

Just a quick snapshot of the server side code:

"$xaxis.label." & iCounter & ".x",

"$xaxis.label." & iCounter & ".y - " & baseoffset

baseoffset value is 345.

If i am using $xaxis.label.[number].y then I never get in to trouble.

The only problem with this is if I need to increase the height of the chart, I will still need to adjust this value for the annotations on the top to show correctly. 

Is there no way that I can use a macro that will give me the desired result?

Kind Regards,

Bharat

Hi

Natively it is not possible to achieve result you need, as you mentioned it can be done combining macros and server-side variables but it will create dependency. If screen-size changes or size of chart changes those variables have to be updated.