Remy

Gantt Chart - ganttPaneDuration behaves incorrectly

Greetings,

I encountered a potential issue regarding the ganttPaneDuration property. We are using a Gantt Chart that, based on other variables, displays a variable amount of hours. We set ganttPaneDuration to 11 so that the chart would never show information for more than eleven hours at once. Sometimes, the chart would only have to show information for, say, eight hours. Previously (under FusionCharts 3.8) this would result in the eight columns stretching to take up all available width, which we considered to be highly desirable. After updating to FusionCharts 3.11, however, the columns no longer seem to stretch!

An example of the faulty behavior can be seen in this modified fiddle: http://jsfiddle.net/whwvnys8/

Observe how there is a lot of whitespace in the gantt pane.

Hopefully you can confirm whether or not this is a bug.

Kind regards,

Remy

Hello Remy,

"ganttPaneDuration" attribute is used when you want your gantt pane to scroll through a specified time line, you can use this attribute to set what timeline the pane will represent. For example if you want your Gantt pane to show date only for 3 months and then scroll the rest,you can set this attribute as 3.
For example,there are 8 objects under category array but ganttpaneduration attribute is set as 14 ,so the chart will adjusted itself to show 14 objects, as there are only 8 objects so it will show a gap.

So the value of this attribute should be in between the no. of objects available in the category array.

Please refer the fiddle below for further reference.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dear Prerana,

Thank you for your feedback. You seem to imply that Gantt Charts are currently working as intended (even though behavior is different compared to FusionCharts 3.8). We can work around the changed behavior by setting ganttPaneDuration to 11 when we want to show information for eleven or more hours, and to a smaller number if we want to show information for fewer hours. However, while doing so, I ran into another issue.

Your fiddle shows information for eleven months. I would expect that all the information will fit in the Gantt pane if I set ganttPaneDuration to 11. However, after doing so, a non-functional horizontal scrollbar remains visible. Because the horizontal scrollbar takes up some height, a vertical scrollbar seems to be introduced as well. This looks less nice than FusionCharts 3.8, where no scrollbars would be present. Would this perhaps be a bug? Or can this issue be worked around?

Kind regards,

Remy

Edited by Remy

Hello Remy,

When we set "ganttPaneDuration" to a no. as the no. of total objects under category array, a non-functional horizontal scrollbar will be visible because "ganttPaneDuration" and "ganttPaneDurationUnit" attribute are used when we want our gantt pane "to scroll" through a specified time line. So it's not a bug. If you want to hide the vertical scroll bar set the "useVerticalScrolling" as 0.
Please refer the links below for further reference.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dear Prerana,

Thank you for your feedback. Since we show a dynamic amount of categories, I guess we should only set ganttPaneDuration if the amount exceeds our predefined maximum of eleven, and leave it alone otherwise. This way, the scrollbar will only be visible if there is something to scroll around. We should be able to make this work.

I did notice a small graphical glitch that is not present in 3.8 - the right edge of the categories does not line up very well with the lines in the Gantt pane. This can also be observed in your fiddle:

7nIe1mx.png

Adjusting the chart's height (or various other properties) seems to rectify the issue, so at least we can work around it. Still, might be worth looking into.

Kind regards,

Remy

Dear Prerana,

Thank you for your feedback!

While trying to work around the issue, I found another couple of quirks that may be considered bugs.

When I introduce a horizontal scrollbar in the Gantt pane, it seems that a vertical scrollbar always appears as well. This happens even if the Gantt chart has more than enough height to function properly without such a vertical scrollbar. An example can be seen in this fiddle. To me, it would seem more logical to simply reduce the height of each row by a little bit.

Furthermore, the horizontal scrollbar cuts off part of the last row. This even occurs if you disable vertical scrolling! It is particularly bothersome if your rows have a relatively low height, as part of the process text will not be visible. An example can be seen in this fiddle, which is actually part of the fiddle gallery on the main website. The issue also occurs if the horizontal scrollbar is attached to the gantt pane, rather than to the process / data table section. Unless there is a workaround, this issue would prevent us from updating to version 3.11.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Remy

Edited by Remy

Hello Remy,

We have again logged a bug for the 1st part of your query. 

In the 2nd part, as the "useVerticalScrolling" is set as 0, It seems that a part of the last row cuts off. Please set the "useVerticalScrolling"  as 1, it will get resolved

We will keep you posted.

Please refer the fiddle below for implementation. 

http://jsfiddle.net/Prerana/8q3yL3yh/6/

Hope this helps,

Thanks, 

Hey,

I am plotting Gantt chart which renders fine using Chrome. However, using Firefox or IE , only the result_Chrome.PNG.9e706b40ea85549c88d512eab09d7186.PNGresult_firefox.PNG.a139f2927feea78abad2f8b29649e926.PNG task is rendered. The whole thing is not plotted. I am attaching the screenshots of the results. Also I am attaching the code snippet I am using. 

Please let me know if there is an issue with the code or any other external factor that leads to different views while using different browsers.

Thanks,

Aman

arrays_used.txt

GanttChart_Code.txt

Sorry, 

The attachments got immersed on top of the text.

The issue i am having is that, with Chrome the Gantt chart is rendered as expected. However, with IE and Firefox only the first task is rendered. Please check the attachments above. 

Thanks,

Aman

Referring back to the discussion of "non-functional horizontal scrollbar remains visible", this does seem like a bug according to your documentation here:

https://www.fusioncharts.com/dev/gauge-and-widgets-guide/gantt-chart/adding-scroll-to-chart.html#enabling-scrolling-for-the-gantt-pane

At the bottom of that section it says:

"If the duration specified by you is more than the actual time span of the chart, the scroll bar for the Gantt pane is not displayed."

Version 3.12.2 is not working that way (the scrollbar appears even when not needed).

Hi,

Hope you are keeping well! Thank you for your continued patience.

For the issue reported, could you please upgrade your current version to the latest, i.e, FusionCharts Suite XT v3.14.0-sr.1?

To avail the licensed release, you would need to re-download the entire package from the My Orders section of FusionCharts Product Update Center. PUC URL: https://puc.fusioncharts.com/

To download the Evaluation version of FusionCharts Suite XT v3.14.0-sr.1, please visit the link: https://www.fusioncharts.com/download/fusioncharts-suite-xt?framework=js

Sample fiddle : http://jsfiddle.net/6wm1gdcz/4/