Sign in to follow this  
maykumar

Changes to chart type "ssgrid"

Hi,

We recently upgraded to FusionCharts v3.11.3 from v3.4. For chart type "ssgrid", I was now seeing the caption property is honored on the chart, but previously it was not showing me the caption. I guess this is an improvement from Fusion end. Could someone please confirm this and also the version in which it was improved?

Regards,

Mayank

Edited by maykumar

Hi,

SSGrid chart used to render in flash before 3.4 which is deprecated now, from 3.4 FusionCharts renders in pure javascript.

It has been ported from flash architecture to JS architecture but no active development is being done for this chart type.

Also please note "ssgrid" chart  follows the same features of a single series chart.

Hi Ayan,

Thanks for your reply. My concern is about the caption for SSGrid chart. Did fusion start honoring this property post v4.3? I was not getting caption on my grid charts but now I am getting it. The xml used is same in both the cases.

Regards,

Mayank

Hi,

Yes from version 3.4 the "SSGRID" chart follows the feature of a single serires chart. So if you set "caption" attribute it will be visible on your chart both for json and xml data formats. 

For further reference regarding Caption and Sub-Caption please refer this documentation - http://www.fusioncharts.com/dev/basic-chart-configurations/titles-and-axis-names.html

Edited by Ayan Bhadury