shamasis

FusionCharts DOM 1.1b BETA Released

Greetings,

We have developed a workaround for the IE related issues that developers were facing while using FusionChartsDOM.

I am attaching a BETA release of version 1.1.0 of FusionCharts DOM framework. This version includes some tweak and certain architectural changes. You should also have no issues rendering multiple charts in IE. :D

For FusionCharts for Free users, this (attached js) framework has default settings for v3. You should set chartVersion="free" in your fusioncharts tag or set global parameters using parameters="chartVersion: 'free'" within FusionChartsDOM script tag.

Note that this is a BETA release for developer evaluation only and is not meant for final deployment unless the final version is released. The final (1.1.0) version will be released soon.

Known issues in this BETA: (1) keeping any <fusioncharts> tag within HTML comments <!-- --> causes FusionCharts DOM to not render the charts properly.

Download your copy (you need to be registered and logged in to the forum) and give your feedback. :D

FusionChartsDOM-1-1-0b-js.zip

Assuming I just use the original FusionCharts.js that comes with the DOM download, and replace FusionChartsDOM.js, then it throws an error (on all browsers). If I revert back to original FusionChartsDOM.js it all works (apart from multicharts on IE which is what I want the fix for)

Error as show in Firebug;

[Exception... "'FusionCharts Error: There was an error processing Chart Alias Debug Info: Invalid parameter: ChartType' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "" data: no]

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your problem on the forum.

It would be of great help if you could please attach a sample of your code, so that we can try to recreate the situation/error in our lab.

Pardon me, but I'm new to web development and javascript.

Are there directions on how to use FusionCharts with the DOM. Right now I'm just using the RenderChartHTML method but I think I have to use the DOM version.

I'm currently running into the "script is running slowly" issue with multiple charts on a page. I'm not plotting a lot of data, with 4 charts on a page (in IE) I'm only plotting about 10 data values per chart.

FusionChartsDOM works after the page is fully loaded (i.e. when the "load" event of a document is fired).

So, if any script is preventing the page from fully loading (like some page analytics code, etc) charts will load slow at times. :D

To know it for sure, we would like you to give us a link to the page where FusionChartsDOM is implemented. We will analyze and let you know. Also, do let us know which version of chart and javascript you are using along with the browser version. :D

Edited by Guest

Hi, I have downloaded the updated FusionChartsDOM.js file.  I have mulriple charts on my page and each chart has a unique chartId.

However, I get javascript error "object required" and a chart message "Chart not loaded". This is only with IE.

I have read through the posts http://www.fusioncharts.com/forum/Topic14049-61-1.aspx and have also tried David Lai's fix http://davidlai101.com/blog/2009/04/28/fusion-charts-dom-fix/comment-page-1/ and I still cannot get the charts to load with IE6 and IE7.

Greetings,

The updated dom framework (posted in this topic) supposedly solves most IE related issues! David Lai's fix has been already incorporated in this updated framework, so you do not need to separately implement that. :D

What you can do is either send us a scaled-down version of your codes or send us a live link. Giving us both would be a plus.