ooper

Create Image Chart Server-Side Only

I have done plenty of searching/reading and cannot find the answer to this. I want to create an image of a fusion chart on my server in my java code. I don't have any javascript code that I am working with. It is just java code. I want to generate a fusion chart and save it as an image file (jpg, gif, whatever) on my hard drive. That's it. I don't want to send it back to a client browser or anything like that, just create an image chart and save it to my hard drive all in java code on the server.

I have the fusion data xml file all ready to go and access to the fusion chart swf files. All I need is the java code to do it. Can someone show me some sample java code that will do this? Also, please include any jar files that I will need and where I can get them. I downloaded the fusion eval (although I have a paid copy in which I couldn't find any jar files), and I found the following jars:

fcexporter.jar

fcexporthandler.jar

fchelper.jar

fctl.jar

I didn't see a FusionCharts class anywhere. I looked for one because of some reading I did that showed a FusionCharts.render() function, but I could not find that class in any jar file.

Thanks,

Brian

Guest Angie

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

As far as I can understand, you want to export the chart to image/pdf without rendering in the browser.

Currently, there is no direct means of achieving this.

However, we do have a library which will work in PC with .Net Framework, which we share with our customers.

If you think this will work out for you, please contact us at [email protected] with your orderid.

We look forward to your mail.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

These posts were a year ago. Is this still the case where "there is no direct means of achieving this"? I have not been able to locate any mechanism where this has been solved more elegantly for FusionCharts (at least from server-side java).

Guest Sumedh

These posts were a year ago. Is this still the case where "there is no direct means of achieving this"? I have not been able to locate any mechanism where this has been solved more elegantly for FusionCharts (at least from server-side java).

Hi,

Currently FusionCharts does not have implementation for Java Image Saver Assembly.

However, you can use FCImg which is free PHP library for exporting charts without rendering them into the browser.

For more information please refer the following link:

http://blog.fusioncharts.com/2012/02/generate-chart-images-on-the-server-using-fusioncharts/

Hey Jack,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum Post.

No, we do not have any Java API to export the chart without rendering in the browser. :(

Java APIs for imafe creating is not popular, and if you need, I can share this C# APIs to create image from a third part image gallery.

public REImage();
public REImage(int w, int h);
public REImage(int w, int h, ImageMode mode);
public REImage(int w, int h, ImageMode mode, byte[] data);
public REImage(int w, int h, ImageMode mode, byte[] data, RColor[] colorPalette);