daniel23

Hide Dataset In Chart By Default

Hi FusionCharts Forum!

Question: Is there a way to hide a dataset in a multi series chart by default?

Reason: I want a chart with two datasets that only shows one dataset. So the other dataset is disabled or hidden by default. The user in the next step can click in the legend to bring that dataset back. So I want to emulate the click in the legend to hide a dataset.

Ideas: Can I achieve this behavior with JavaScript altering the FusionChart-object I created? " var myChart = new FusionCharts....." myChart.hideDatasetXY(1);

Or modify the xml that the DatasetXY isn't shown at first.

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Daniel

PS: If there is a better matching Subform here feel free to move my topic.

Edited by daniel23

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

First of all, we would like to thank you for showing interest in FusionCharts.

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support the feature you are looking for, at this time.sad.gif

We have taken a note of your request here and added the same in our wishlist.

Hope you have a great day!

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

I am afraid, this is not possible with latest version of FusionCharts, as of now.

We will get back to you once there is any news from our end.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

It is already in our wish list.

It will be implemented, if found feasible.

We cannot commit on any time line for the same.

I will update this thread when once this feature is implemented.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Hi Bindhu,

I use PowerCharts XT(v3.2.1 SR1). Is this possibility still not available on this version?

Thanks,

Dmitry.

Edited by Dmitry

Hi FusionCharts Forum,

We too have a requirement to conceal one range of data in a Fusion Chart in the default view. It would be very good to see this functionality, I hope it can be added in the near future.

Paul

Hi FusionCharts Forum,

We too have a requirement to conceal one range of data in a Fusion Chart in the default view. It would be very good to see this functionality, I hope it can be added in the near future.

Paul

Hi Paul,

As previously mentioned, we have already updated this feature in our wishlist. Our Engineering team would be looking into the feasibility and implement this.

We shall update you when we come up with this. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Follow-up question:

It seems that when a chart legend item is clicked, a FusionCharts javascript function would be called to toggle the visibility of the chosen dataset. Would it be possible to tell us the API of this function (name + arguments)?

If so, we could implement the requested functionality ourselves by simply calling the function for every dataset that we don't want to see by default.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi Mike,

If you are willing to disable some the data set, while first time rendering the chart in browser, you could specify "visible" attribute to "0" in the respective <dataset> element of XML data.

Also, please note that when any one of the legend items are clicked, FusionCharts raise an event "LegendItemClicked", listening to which you can execute any of your custom JavaScript function using "addEventListener()".

For more information on "FusionCharts JavaScript API - Events", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?JavaScript/API/Events.html

Also, for more information on "FusionCharts JavaScript API - Functions", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?JavaScript/API/Methods.html

Hope this helps!

Hi Mike,

If you are willing to disable some the data set, while first time rendering the chart in browser, you could specify "visible" attribute to "0" in the respective <dataset> element of XML data.

Also, please note that when any one of the legend items are clicked, FusionCharts raise an event "LegendItemClicked", listening to which you can execute any of your custom JavaScript function using "addEventListener()".

For more information on "FusionCharts JavaScript API - Events", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?JavaScript/API/Events.html

Also, for more information on "FusionCharts JavaScript API - Functions", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?JavaScript/API/Methods.html

Hope this helps!

That definitely sounds hopeful - I'll give it a try - thanks for the quick reply!

That definitely sounds hopeful - I'll give it a try - thanks for the quick reply!

Hmmm - not working for me. Tried:

<dataset seriesName='Plan (rev. 3.0)' visible='0'...

<dataset seriesName='Plan (rev. 3.0)' visibility='0'...

<dataset seriesName='Plan (rev. 3.0)' showValues='0'...

But none of them made any difference.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Apologies for missing the point.

The above mentioned attribute "visible" will work only for JavaScript mode of rendering charts and not in Flash mode.

Also, the feature will only work for FusionCharts XT version v3.3.1 onwards.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

The above mentioned attribute " visible" will work only for JavaScript mode of rendering charts and not in Flash mode.

Hope this helps!

This might explain it - I'm using Javascript rendering, but on version 3.2.2.

Is an upgrade from 3.3.2 to 3.3.1 free? (I work for a government agency - there's no money for IT purchases in the immediate future.)

Hi there,

I'm struggling with the same problem. I read with interest your use of the visible='0' attribute but it just will not work.

I'm currently using a trial version to build a ZoomLine chart. Can I also just say how sorry I am that the ZoomLine does not allow an inverse Y-axis?

So far I'm super impressed with FusionCharts and would love to use it for this project. I just wish I could auto hide some datasets (and invert the Y!) :)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

P.S. I have forced JavaScript rendering. Demo XT. Compact XML. What am I doing wrong? :)

Edited by onlyjoe

Hi Haritha,

Thank you. I have currently redesigned the whole project using an inverse line chart, but this doesn't really work as I hoped. Too much data. If I can't use the ZoomLine as hoped for, I won't be buying a license. I for one would really appreciate these features to be implemented, or for some brief advice as to a workaround that I can hack together.

Thank you for your quick reply, and it's worth mentioning here that I had a very quick reply from my support ticket. Hopefully the next update shall be just as quick. Time is of the essence! While your competitors don't offer the features I hoped for, they are much easier to hack into use-able shape. I really hope that FusionCharts (or PowerCharts!) can provide what I'm looking for as I am keen to use your wonderful software for other projects in the future.

Thanks and regards...

Hi,

The above mentioned attribute " visible" will work only for JavaScript mode of rendering charts and not in Flash mode.

Hope this helps!

After reading this I upgraded to 3.3.1 and it worked beautifully - exactly what I needed. However, when I upgraded to version 3.4 this functionality stopped working. I just upgraded to version 3.9.0 and it still doesn't appear to work. Has something changed in the API?

Hey,

Try using "initiallyHidden" attribute in dataset level object.

Set it to 1 to hide the plots of a series initially, on chart load. Default value is 0 for all series and they show up initially.