dsnarus

Issue With Examples

Hello All,

I am having some issues with getting the basic examples up and running. I keep getting the following error:

NameError in Basic_example#simple_chart

Showing ~/app/views/basic_example/simple_chart.html.erb where line #5 raised:

uninitialized constant FusionChartsHelper::Fusioncharts

app/helpers/fusion_charts_helper.rb:86:in `render_chart'

line 86 is:

fcParams =Fusioncharts::FcParameters.new(chart_swf,chart_id,chart_width,chart_height,debug_mode_num,register_with_js_num,data_source,data_format,w_mode,color,scale_mode,lang,detect_flash_version,auto_install_redirect,renderer,render_at)

I believe the issue is that I do not have a model for the object, but I'm not sure how the model should be defined since there isn't an example of it in the documentation or in the Sample App. Any and all help would be appreciated :)

To add to this, I think the problem might be more fundamental. I'm looking in the SampleApp/lib and I don't see a .rb for the Fusioncharts module. I have a folder labeled fusioncharts that has fc_parameters.rb in it and an exporter folder, but I can't find the actual module for Fusioncharts.

Hello All,

I am having some issues with getting the basic examples up and running. I keep getting the following error:

NameError in Basic_example#simple_chart

Showing ~/app/views/basic_example/simple_chart.html.erb where line #5 raised:

uninitialized constant FusionChartsHelper::Fusioncharts

app/helpers/fusion_charts_helper.rb:86:in `render_chart'

line 86 is:

fcParams =Fusioncharts::FcParameters.new(chart_swf,chart_id,chart_width,chart_height,debug_mode_num,register_with_js_num,data_source, data_format,w_mode,color,scale_mode,lang,detect_flash_version,auto_install_redirect,renderer,render_at)

I believe the issue is that I do not have a model for the object, but I'm not sure how the model should be defined since there isn't an example of it in the documentation or in the Sample App. Any and all help would be appreciated :)

Hi,

Assuming that you are using Rails3, can you please try the Rails3 sample provided here: http://forum.fusionc...le-application/

Hope this helps. :)

Srividya

Figured it out, was a Rails issue. It was ignoring the public folder for some reason. Server reboot and forcing the boot process to load the public folder once worked.

Thanks for the help!

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif