Sign in to follow this  
sms

Oracle Client Installed But Receiving Tns Error

Hi - I have the Oracle client installed and can connect to Oracle databases via DataWebParts, but when I use the Fusion wizard it says its unable to connect to the database. When I look int he logs it shows ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified.

Our config uses LDAP for lookups - could that be causing a problem?

Also, what is the direction of this product? I'm curious what I'm allowed to do with the beta version and how much the production version will cost.

Thanks.

Hi,

Could you please refer to http://ora-12154.ora-code.com/ and check your connect parameter?

We have not restricted any feature in the beta. And for pricing/licencing queries we request you to please mail us at [email protected] .

The wizard only asks for the server name, user & pass. We run multiple instances on our server. I can TNS Ping the instance and I can also connect using a data source in sharepoint designer. Now I'm reciving this error:

ORA-12504: TNS:listener was not given the SERVICE_NAME in CONNECT_DATA

Hi,

In case of multiple instance, you could use for example: 192.168.0.2{server name or IP}\XE {instance name} at "Server Name:" option.

That didn't work - same errors. This is the connect string I use via designer. Can you tell me how your wizard translates to these fields?

ProviderName="System.Data.OracleClient" ConnectionString="Data Source=(Description=(Address_list=(Address=(Protocol=TCP)(HOST=hostname)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=servicename)(INSTANCE_NAME=instance)));User ID=xxxxx;Password=xxxxxxx;

Hi,

Could you please use the following string at "Server Name:" option and try once as it worked for us.

(Description=(Address_list=(Address=(Protocol=TCP)(HOST={Your Server Name}})(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME={Your Service Name})(INSTANCE_NAME={Your Instance Name})))

Hi,

Could you please use the following string at "Server Name:" option and try once as it worked for us.

(Description=(Address_list=(Address=(Protocol=TCP)(HOST={Your Server Name}})(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME={Your Service Name})(INSTANCE_NAME={Your Instance Name})))

That worked!

Thanks very much for the help.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif