Sign in to follow this  
flyman686

Can I Define The Name Of The Data Of Powerchart ?

Hi,

I'm using Powerchart ,and I want to get the data after I draw it . However I use the Struts2 and Java as my sever language , they need the name of data of PowerCharts delivered from the client side to match the name of the attribute of the object that is defined in the Java file ,then the sever side can handle the data . So I must define the name of data of PowerCharts that I draw ,but I don't know how to define it .Please help me as soon as possible . Thanks a lot !

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please send us a screenshot or any live link of your requirement?

Awaiting for your response.

Hi,

I'm using Powerchart ,and I want to get the data after I draw it . However I use the Struts2 and Java as my sever language , they need the name of data of PowerCharts delivered from the client side to match the name of the attribute of the object that is defined in the Java file ,then the sever side can handle the data . So I must define the name of data of PowerCharts that I draw ,but I don't know how to define it .Please help me as soon as possible . Thanks a lot !

Hi,

To get the chart data as xml in javascript, yo uwould use the following code:

var chartReference = FusionCharts("myChartId"); 
var chartXML = chartReference.getXMLData();

After getting this data, you can set it in some hidden field in the page. You can use the same field name on the server, to retrieve its value.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Hope this helps.

Srividya Sharma

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please send us a screenshot or any live link of your requirement?

Awaiting for your response.

Hi, I have solved my problem . Here I encounter another one : I create an empty drag-node chart ,then I create nodes in it . But I want to save the data of the chart to a Javascript variable when I click the "submit" button ,how I can make it ? Thank you

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

You can use FusionCharts JavaScript API (http://www.fusioncha...I/Overview.html) to retrieve chart data and then use your own code to save the data in a JavaScript variable.

Please note that the submit button of DragNode chart can only be used for server side processing.

You would need to create a button in order to suffice your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

You can use FusionCharts JavaScript API (http://www.fusioncha...I/Overview.html) to retrieve chart data and then use your own code to save the data in a JavaScript variable.

Please note that the submit button of DragNode chart can only be used for server side processing.

You would need to create a button in order to suffice your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Hi ,

where should I create the button ? In the drag-node chart or somewhere else ? Besides , the data of DragNode chart is delivered to the server side when the submit button is clicked ,how I can save the data in Javascript variable ?