Sign in to follow this  
nbritton

How To Create A Pie Chart

I have connected to a sql database and i have presented two columns. " Job Title" and "Exit Status". I would like to create a report to show how many instances of each status occured. I have tried just about everything i can think of. Does anyone have ideas for me?

I thought this would be one of the simplest reports to start with.

No errors. Just not getting any chart data. I have tried using the query. Its actually the way i perfer to go, so i can trim down the amount of data to the past 24 hours. I can see the data in the grid view but i cant see it in the charts.

Hi,

Could you please let us know whether you are getting any error or it is not working as expected? Also, have you tried with custom SQL query?

Hi,

Could you please send us wizard's screenshot so that we can have a look into it?

Also, Could you please check if there is any error log created for your actions? The error information is being logged in FusionCharts_LogList, you can refer to the attached PDF to know how to get error log information.

Stack-Trace.pdf

I am using the following query:

SELECT *

FROM [NETVAULT].[dbo].[NV_JOB_HISTORY]

where "StartDateTime_Calc" >= dateadd(hh, -24, GETDATE()) AND "phase" =1 AND NOT "job title" like '%arch%' AND NOT "Job Title" like '%tran%'

I am not doing and filtering or grouping, although i have attempted to group several ways and i do not get any results back. I am choosing the pie or bar chart from the single series section.

It looks like it should be counting the number of each exit status.

I thought i added the screen shots i had taken. I will add them for you today. I have checked to see the data in the grid with the group option. It shows nothing. I would think if i would group by exit status and count on job title, it would count the number of instances. Do you have any docs i can review.

Hi,

Have you clicked on "View data in grid" option if yes, was it showing the data?

Also, could you please send us the screenshot showing the output or the issue?

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots, unfortunately we need one more information like result of clicking on the highlighted button (In red rectangle, image attached) , please try to cover all the columns so that we can check data types for each columns.

post-1758-0-44575700-1314686120_thumb.png

Hi,

Both the fields Title and Exit Status are string type data hence chart is not giving the proper output, only solution to this would be to use grouping with Title and use "Count" function with "Exit Status" column.

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that We have released an updated version of the Collabion Charts for SharePoint (FusionCharts for SharePoint is now Collabion Charts for SharePoint) and request you to please try that once.

Guest vishal@fusioncharts

Hi nbritton,

Were you able to get this to work with the latest version of Collabion Charts for SharePoint?

Thanks

Vishal