Sign in to follow this  
swathy

Fusion Chart

Hi

I am using fusion chart version 3.2.1and in that i am using stacked barchart. The category label value contains '+' operator in it for eg:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable. But while displaying in chart i am not getting '+" in it. ie., i am getting

Microsoft Visual C 2008 Redistributable. Did i have made any mistake or the operators r not accepted. please let me know.

The xml data is :

xmlData ==> <Chart canvasBorderAlpha='30' showValues='1' showShadow='0' showBorder='0' yAxisName='Number of systems' canvasBorderColor='000000' canvasBgAlpha='60' showToolTip='1' maxBarHeight='40' yAxisMaxValue='5' canvasBorderThickness='1' bgcolor='FFFFFF' canvasBgColor='F2F2F2' alpha='0' ><categories><category label='Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022' /></categories><dataset seriesName ='' ><set value='1' color='8B008B' /></dataset><styles><definition><style type='font' name='myDataFont' type='font' size='10' color ='FFFFFF' bold='1'/></definition><application><apply toObject='DataValues' styles='myDataFont' styles='myDataFont' /></application></styles></Chart>

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rekha

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please try the same by replacing "+" sign with "%2B" in your XML code.

Hope this helps.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Now it is working fine. and i have one more doubt.

only "+" sign has to be replaced with "%2B" or if any other signs r there to be replaced like the same.

May i know the reason.

Regards

Rekha

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

You can directly embed most of the special characters and punctuation marks in the XML/JSON data source of your chart. However, &, <, >, ' (apostrophe) and "(quote) need to be specially encoded when providing the same as a part of the chart data. Apart from this, there is no need to encode any other special character.

For more details, please visit: http://www.fusioncha...unctuation.html

Hope this helps.smile.gif