Sign in to follow this  
sgmanojkumar

Fusion Charts Throws An Error In Internet Explorer 8

Iam using Ajax to render the fusion charts in my page. Its working fine in Firefox and Chrome. But Internet Explorer 8 is throwing the following error

Message: There was an error rendering the chart. Enable FusionCharts JS debugMode for more information.

Line: 15

Char: 6193

Code: 0

This is the link to the page where I face the error.

http://www.straine.c...s&report_num=16

Can any one suggest me the way to get out of this error..?

Thanks in Advance!!!!!

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Could you please confirm the FusionCharts version and operating system you are using?

Awaiting for your response.

(Version 3.2. Pay For // IIS 7.5 // Windows Server 2008)

This is happening for me as well, charts render fine in Opera/FireFox/Chrome/Safari. Charts do not render on Internet Explorer.

Error given to me is:

SCRIPT5022: There was an error rendering the chart. Enable FusionCharts JS debugMode for more information.

FusionCharts.js, line 15 character 6193

enabling debugMode (using following two lines of code) doesn't give me anything else of value:

FusionCharts.debugMode.enabled(true);

FusionCharts.debugMode.outputTo(function () { console.log(arguments); });

URL: www.gngsdashboard.org

What gives?

For the record, these charts are failing to build / display on IE8 and IE9.

(Version 3.2. Pay For // IIS 7.5 // Windows Server 2008)

This is happening for me as well, charts render fine in Opera/FireFox/Chrome/Safari. Charts do not render on Internet Explorer.

Error given to me is:

SCRIPT5022: There was an error rendering the chart. Enable FusionCharts JS debugMode for more information.

enabling debugMode (using following two lines of code) doesn't give me anything else of value:

FusionCharts.debugMode.enabled(true);

FusionCharts.debugMode.outputTo(function () { console.log(arguments); });

URL: www.gngsdashboard.org

What gives?

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Could you please send us a screenshot or any live link to look into the issue?

Awaiting for your response.

Well, I did send you a link, so I guess you didn't really read my first post. So sick of seeing these 'cut n' paste' responses on these forums; which shows the person replying obviously didn't even follow the conversation in the thread. (Both OP and myself gave live links to the pages in question.)

---

The real problem is that: FusionCharts Pay For doesn't ensure that Adobe Flash is installed. If a user doesn't have Flash, in IE, the error thrown is simply:

FusionCharts, being Flash based, should INCLUDE code that checks for Flash Player. The 'Free Gallery' does, but the pay for gallery doesn't!.

---

To OP: Add in a script that checks for Flash Player. Your charts don't show in IE, and the user has no way of knowing why as Fusion Charts couldn't even give back even a textual error saying 'Install Flash'.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

My apologies for the mistake.

Constructor method of FusionCharts JavaScript class, allows you to create new instance of FusionCharts using legacy set of linear parameters as well as an Object parameter.

It returns a javascript chart object.

Please find the sample code below:

var myChart = new FusionCharts({ swfUrl : "FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", id : "myChartId", renderAt : "chartContainer", dataSource : "Data.xml" , detectFlashVersion :"1" , autoInstallRedirect : "1" });

In above code,

detectFlashVersion :"1" makes FusionCharts Class to check whether Flash Player 8 is present in the Browser. (optional - Default value is "0' )

autoInstallRedirect : "1" with detectFlashVersion set to "1" redirects FusionCharts to Flash Player installation page of Adobe's Web site. (optional - default is "0')

To know more, please visit: http://www.fusioncha...PI/Methods.html

Hope this helps.