Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Clickable FusionMap Markers

I have downloaded the FusionMaps Trial and so far like what I can accomplish. Is there a way to include the map marker with the link for that entity? If a user sees the marker they will try to click on it and right now it does nothing.

Thank You .

Hello Celeste,

I placed the link inside the application/marker tag with the following line: link='JavaScript:community(810,"va")'.

The complete line will be marker id='810' shapeId='myCutomeShape' link='JavaScript:community(810,"va")'

:)Hope this helps.

Thanks for assistance....I'm still doing something wrong. If I want to actually put another page on the url as a link, any idea how that is supposed to look? I've gotten various errors from invalid xml data to the old reliable error in loading data.

I need for my marker to go to another page on the site. There's only about 4 places in the gui area that you can edit those lines. I guess I just haven't found the right one yet :)

This is what is NOT working:

marker id="RTMI' shapeId='circle' link='http://url.com/pagename.html' /

Edited by Guest

Please be more specific with a sample string.

I tried to insert the link attribute ...this is the line code: <application>

<marker id='1' shapeId='1' link='http://phpmytvtms.it' /> this doesn't work

I have images for marker type....

please give me a little support.

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with a map I'm working on. Trying to test with my first link located on the map at Little Rock AK. The cursor changes, but no link. I've attached the XML for your convenience.

Thanks,

Jonathan

data.xml

Just so you know, the link was not working when running on my computer (Mac OS 10.5). I tested the link from my web server and it (finally) worked. Is that how it's supposed to happen? I'm not that familiar with Flash so a little input would be helpful. Thanks.

When running Flash files from local file system, a security layer disallows JS links. But when running from server, the same is activated.