ChartsJazz

Charts Don't Display Until Mouseover Them; Other Objects Are Inhibited

We have FusionCharts Enterprise 3.1 and are using it with Classic ASP.

After a page containing some charts is rendered, frequently the charts don't display until the mouse is moved over them. In addition, once the charts display, other objects on the page, i.e., text boxes and dropdowns, are very slow to respond to keystrokes, as if FusionCharts is still trying to do something on the client and has not completed whatever it is doing.

I am using:

Call renderChartHTML("FusionCharts/Charts/" & strHourlyChartType & ".swf", "", strXML, "myHourlyChart", intHourlyChartWidth, intHourlyChartHeight, false)

Other questions:

Are we eligible to upgrade for free to the latest version of FusionCharts?

If we upgrade, are there any code changes I will need to make, or is the latest version entirely backwards compatible with version 3.1?

I read that in the latest version of FusionCharts the charts can use JavaScript to render them instead of Flash. Does that provide better performance? Perhaps that would solve the problems described above. What code changes would I need to make to render the charts with JavaScript instead of Flash?

Thanks.

Another problem: the first chart is COLUMN3D.swf. Below that I added an SSGrid.swf using the same XML data. So I have:

Call renderChartHTML("FusionCharts/Charts/" & strHourlyChartType & ".swf", "", strXML, "myHourlyChart", intHourlyChartWidth, intHourlyChartHeight, false)

followed by

Call renderChartHTML("FusionCharts/Charts/SSGrid.swf", "", strXML, "myHourlyChart", intHourlyGridWidth, intHourlyGridHeight, false)

When the page first loads I get "Error loading data" for the grid chart. When I turn on debug it displays:

"WARNING: Could not find dataXML or dataURL parameter. Setting dataURL to default data file Data.xml."

When I refresh the page both charts display without error (except, as I wrote below, I have to mouse over the page to get the charts to display).

With all of these problems there seem to be timing issues of some sort.

We have FusionCharts Enterprise 3.1 and are using it with Classic ASP.

After a page containing some charts is rendered, frequently the charts don't display until the mouse is moved over them. In addition, once the charts display, other objects on the page, i.e., text boxes and dropdowns, are very slow to respond to keystrokes, as if FusionCharts is still trying to do something on the client and has not completed whatever it is doing.

I am using:

Other questions:

Are we eligible to upgrade for free to the latest version of FusionCharts?

If we upgrade, are there any code changes I will need to make, or is the latest version entirely backwards compatible with version 3.1?

I read that in the latest version of FusionCharts the charts can use JavaScript to render them instead of Flash. Does that provide better performance? Perhaps that would solve the problems described above. What code changes would I need to make to render the charts with JavaScript instead of Flash?

Thanks.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please drop a mail to: [email protected] quoting your orderID to upgrade to latest version of FusionCharts.

All the features of FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2) are backward compatible with FusionCharts v3.1. Hence, upgrading is as easy as copy-pasting files.

For more details, please refer to the link below:

http://www.fusioncha...pgrading32.html

http://www.fusioncha...pabilities.html

http://www.fusioncha...singPureJS.html

Hope this helps.