Sign in to follow this  
sma

Etl To Xml

I am trying to populate the following XML using and ETL package.

<categories>

<category name="08/01" />

<category name="08/02" />

</categories>

<dataset seriesname="Product A" color="FF5904" showValues="0" areaAlpha="50" showAreaBorder="1" areaBorderThickness="2" areaBorderColor="FF0000">

<set value="36634" />

<set value="43653" />

</dataset>

</dataset>

<dataset seriesname="Product B" color="99cc99" showValues="0" areaAlpha="50" showAreaBorder="1" areaBorderThickness="2" areaBorderColor="006600">

<set value="12152" />

<set value="15349" />

</dataset>

The ETL software thinks both datasets are the same. Can I add any additional tags to the standard XML to get around this?

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Could you please elaborate your query a bit more?

Awaiting for your response.

Hi Thanks for your help.

I have replicated the issue using the MScolumn.XSD file in Excel as an XML Map. The dataset format only allows a single mapping to a column for the set value, in a multi series chart you need multiple columns. You cannot link set\value to multiple columns which is the same issue we have with the ETL application. I also get the same problem if I open the attached XML file in Excel or ETL where the 3 datasets are only seen as one. I have tried adding some custom tags between each dataset but this stop the chart rendering. Can I add any tags that will be ignored between each dataset or does the the chart XML support a diffferent format similar to the other charts. Please advise

Copy of Data.xml