Sign in to follow this  
Deeks

Unable To Update Chart Data

Hi Team,

As the download you provided on fusion chart's website.

I tried one sample "FusionWidgets_Trial\Code\JavaScript\ChangeDataURL.html".

In this example When I click on "Change Data" button, It shows "Object doesn't support property or method 'setDataXML'" error can you please help why it's not working or what I have to do for working it.

I have checked a sample provided on site http://www.fusioncharts.com/Code/JavaScript/Basics/UpdateChartData.html

It's working fine.

Please help.

Hi Deeks,

Thank you for the post.

Could you please try once setting the Flash Player's Global Security, if running from a local machine?

For more information, "To configure the Flash Player Settings", please refer the following link:

http://www.fusioncha...HowToSetup.html

Flash Player's Global Security implementation blocks JavaScript to interact with charts (Flash charts) when you are running the the web page/application with charts from local file system. To configure Flash Player Global Security Settings (to enable links and chart APIs) and enable JavaScript calls from charts, you would need to add the folder containing the chart SWF files to Flash Player's Trusted Zone.

I hope this helps.

Hi Deeks,

Thank you for the post.

Could you please try once setting the Flash Player's Global Security, if running from a local machine?

For more information, "To configure the Flash Player Settings", please refer the following link:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/Tools/FlashPlayerSecuritySetup/HowToSetup.html

Flash Player's Global Security implementation blocks JavaScript to interact with charts (Flash charts) when you are running the the web page/application with charts from local file system. To configure Flash Player Global Security Settings (to enable links and chart APIs) and enable JavaScript calls from charts, you would need to add the folder containing the chart SWF files to Flash Player's Trusted Zone.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Link you have provided above is not working.

can you give me exact link or idea to resolve it?

Thanks

LivingLegend

Hi,

Please try the following link:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/Tools/FlashPlayerSecuritySetup/HowToSetup.html

Hope this helps.:)

Hi,

Not able to resolve issue as per above link.

I am facing this issue only in IE. I explain you actual scenario.

In my application, there are two tabs in tab panel. I have chart in second panel with drill down utility.

When I run application, I show up second tab having chart and drill down utility working fine.

Now I am changing to first tab (without chart) and when get back to second tab in chart, drill down stop to work and IE throwing below error.

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support this property or method

When I explore the code to find the line, I found the error in RED line below.

if( immediate !== false && (o = this.getInterface())){

if( 'setDataXML' in o ){

o.setDataXML(xml);

}

}

When I more explore code, I found that value of o changed in BLUE line in above code when I change tab and come back to chart tab.

Note: I am facing this issue only in IE (any version). In Chrome and FF, its work fine.

Any workaround or solution for this?

Thanks

LivingLegend

Hi,

Not able to resolve issue as per above link.

I am facing this issue only in IE. I explain you actual scenario.

In my application, there are two tabs in tab panel. I have chart in second panel with drill down utility.

When I run application, I show up second tab having chart and drill down utility working fine.

Now I am changing to first tab (without chart) and when get back to second tab in chart, drill down stop to work and IE throwing below error.

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support this property or method

When I explore the code to find the line, I found the error in RED line below.

if( immediate !== false && (o = this.getInterface())){

if( 'setDataXML' in o ){

o.setDataXML(xml);

}

}

When I more explore code, I found that value of o changed in BLUE line in above code when I change tab and come back to chart tab.

Note: I am facing this issue only in IE (any version). In Chrome and FF, its work fine.

Any workaround or solution for this?

Thanks

LivingLegend

Any Idea for above problem?

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Can you provide a live URL of the sample that you have created?

You are using setDataXML method which is a deprecated method. setXMLData method is recommended here.

When you are switching between the tabs, each time when a tab is loaded, it re-renders the chart. here each time chart is over-written with the chart id.

Please use dipose() function before rendering the chart. This will clear off the buffer.

Hi,

You are using setDataXML method which is a deprecated method. setXMLData method is recommended here.

When you are switching between the tabs, each time when a tab is loaded, it re-renders the chart. here each time chart is over-written with the chart id.

Please use dipose() function before rendering the chart. This will clear off the buffer.

No I am not re-rendering chart on tab change. Chart remains same.

No I am not re-rendering chart on tab change. Chart remains same.

This perfectly work in Chrome and FF. If it change the id of chart, it should not work on chrome and FF also but it is creating problem in IE only.

In first post I have mentioned the code snippet where IE causing issue.

Hi,

I am using uxfusionpak library to integrate Fusion Chart to ExtJS and dispose method is not available in it.

So how to do it in this case?

Hi,

This perfectly work in Chrome and FF. If it change the id of chart, it should not work on chrome and FF also but it is creating problem in IE only.<br style="color: rgb(107, 107, 107); font-family: verdana, arial, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247); ">In first post I have mentioned the code snippet where IE causing issue.

>> Could you please send us the scaled-down version of the erroneous sample so that we might test it?

I am using uxfusionpak library to integrate Fusion Chart to ExtJS and dispose method is not available in it.<br style="color: rgb(107, 107, 107); font-family: verdana, arial, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247); ">So how to do it in this case?

>> Could you please confirm if this library uses FusionCharts Free? In case yes, I am afraid, FusionCharts Free does not support "dispose" method.

The "dispose" method is supported since FusionCharts v3.2.

Hope this helps. :)