pts/3

Bgalpha Broken In Ie

Hello,

I have set my charts to render with a transparent background by adding

chart_$chartId.setTransparent(true);

to the renderChart function in FusionCharts.php .

In my chart XML, I set bgAlpha to 50 and set the bgColor to FFFFFF, and it renders fabulously in all browsers except Internet Explorer. I have attached a screenshot showing the display in Firefox 7 and the messed up display in IE9 (IE8 compatibility mode behaves the same way). I've also attached the XML file and page where I render the chart.

In words, IE doesn't actually accept the transparency of the chart, and instead treats bgAlpha 100 as white and 0 as black, and only scales the bgColor along that axis.

Please advise if there is a workaround to make Internet Explorer deal with bgAlpha.

*edited for clarity

post-22665-0-70372400-1319650937_thumb.png

Data-Jan.xml

index.php

Edited by pts/3

I wonder if it's trying to use hex or RGBA color style in CSS to do this...

If it's not a flash chart, it might be. In that case, not surprising if it uses CSS.

If it uses CSS then it can't do alpha in IE without the filter: Alpha style rule.

Just speculation, but maybe that's a place to start.

Hello,

I have set my charts to render with a transparent background by adding

chart_$chartId.setTransparent(true);

to the renderChart function in FusionCharts.php .

In my chart XML, I set bgAlpha to 50 and set the bgColor to FFFFFF, and it renders fabulously in all browsers except Internet Explorer. I have attached a screenshot showing the display in Firefox 7 and the messed up display in IE9 (IE8 compatibility mode behaves the same way). I've also attached the XML file and page where I render the chart.

In words, IE doesn't actually accept the transparency of the chart, and instead treats bgAlpha 100 as white and 0 as black, and only scales the bgColor along that axis.

Please advise if there is a workaround to make Internet Explorer deal with bgAlpha.

*edited for clarity