Sign in to follow this  
jayarajpr

Fusion Chart Cannot Render

I use FusionChart3 on Firefox, I found sometime it can not render properly, and there was not any error reported. The area which the chart supposed to be displayed was just a white blank. This problem was not occurred every time, it's random. The same thing working properly in internet explorer. So please gave me a solution.

Jayaraj~

Are you using javascript to generate your pages?

If so, I have found some of the same problems you are experiencing.

It had to do with prototype.js AJAX implementation, then using the AJAX call to execute the graph.

Mostlikely, if you are using javascript, some sort of exception is happing on Firefox that is not on Internet Explorer.

If you don't have it already, I recommend debugging with Firebug, as you can step the Javascript code and see what it might be failing on.

Unfortunately, javascript sometimes exits with out any errors or warnings. This is due to an error that was not handled in your code.

In javascript I always use the try{} blocks for ANY ajax or complex server side code.

Only because you can never track down bugs otherwise.

---

In defense of the hard working Fusion Chart team (I am not part of). I don't think they can help you with the little information you have provided. Maybe you could post the XML file or some example test case.

Another thing to look at, is to turn on debugging for the graphs and see what it gives.

If it happened once, its sure to happen again.

I have noticed that Fusion Charts sometimes gets cached, the XML that is. Simply clearing your cache may fix the issue.