Sign in to follow this  
Sapthakiri

Fusion Widgets Not Working In Ie7,8 & Windows

I have implemented fusion widgets using javascript in a ruby on rails application.

The graph was working fine in all the browsers except in IE(in windows).

I have tested in linux(with IE installed using wine). Grpah is working. I cant get the chart only in IE & windows. Find my JS code below

var myChart = new FusionCharts("/Charts/AngularGauge.swf", "meterChart", "268", "150", "0", "0");

myChart.setDataXML("#{@meter_txt}");

myChart.setTransparent(true);

myChart.render("meter-snapshot-link");

@meter_txt = "<Chart bgColor='FFFFFF' bgAlpha='0' fillAngle='45' lowerLimitDisplay='Cool ' upperLimitDisplay=' Hot' upperLimit='100' showBorder='0' lowerLimit='0' majorTMNumber='10' majorTMHeight='8' showGaugeBorder='0' gaugeOuterRadius='165' gaugeOriginX='340' gaugeOriginY='240' gaugeInnerRadius='2' formatNumberScale='1' displayValueDistance='30' decimalPrecision='2' tickMarkDecimalPrecision='1' pivotRadius='17' showPivotBorder='1' pivotBorderColor='000000' pivotBorderThickness='5' pivotFillMix='FFFFFF,000000'><colorRange><color minValue='0' maxValue='33' code='81BEF7'/><color minValue='33' maxValue='66' code='F3F781'/><color minValue='66' maxValue='100' code='FA5858'/></colorRange><dials><dial value='50' borderAlpha='0' bgColor='000000' baseWidth='28' topWidth='1' radius='160'/></dials></Chart>"

Please advise

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Please check the following:

1. Please check if the SWF path is properly provided in your HTML page is correct. Also, check if the SWF file actually exists there.

2. If you're working on an Operating System that uses case-sensitive file names, please check for the case of path and SWF file.

3. Please check if you've Adobe Flash Player 8 (or above) installed on your machine.

4. Please check whether you've enabled your browser to show ActiveX controls. Normally, it is enabled by default.

In case the problem persists, please confirm the IE version and system environment you are using to test from our end.

Hope this helps.

Hi Angshu,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using window 7 and IE8 browser.

The chart seems to be loading when I used

myChart.setDataURL

But If I use

myChart.setDataXML(SAMPLE_XML_TXT) I'm getting the follwing error in IE

Line: 76

Char: 261

Code: 0

URI: http://test.thehypen...s.js?1320730898

Is it a bug? Please advise on implementing setDataXML in IE.

Also while rendering javascript charts if flash is not available, I'm getting the url error.

Is javascript rendering available for Fusion widgets? or only for fusion charts?

Thanks,

Sapthakiri B

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Please check the following:

1. Please check if the SWF path is properly provided in your HTML page is correct. Also, check if the SWF file actually exists there.

2. If you're working on an Operating System that uses case-sensitive file names, please check for the case of path and SWF file.

3. Please check if you've Adobe Flash Player 8 (or above) installed on your machine.

4. Please check whether you've enabled your browser to show ActiveX controls. Normally, it is enabled by default.

In case the problem persists, please confirm the IE version and system environment you are using to test from our end.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Sapthakiri

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please confirm the FusionWidgets version you are using?

Please note that the current version of FusionWidgets is v 3.1.1 which does not support JavaScript rendering.

This feature will be available in our next release of FusionWidgets i.e v 3.2.

Hope this helps.

I'm using fusion charts 3.2.2 and fusion widgets 3.1.

Thanks. .

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please confirm the FusionWidgets version you are using?

Please note that the current version of FusionWidgets is v 3.1.1 which does not support JavaScript rendering.

This feature will be available in our next release of FusionWidgets i.e v 3.2.

Hope this helps.