mganley2000

Overlaybutton Does Not Display In Linked Chart

I cannot get the Overlay Button of a linked chart (drill down) to display when the data is provided via a "jsonurl" data feed. When a single data source is used, the overlay button displays fine.

Is this a limitation of the linked charts? The Overlay Button will not work when the data source is not simply an ID in a linked chart?

For example, this excerpt from the data of a chart will load the "A1" linked chart, and the OverlayButton "Back" will display just fine:

"data": [
   {
     "label": "Week 1",
     "value": "14400",
     "link": "newchart-json-A1"
   },

"linkeddata": [
   {
     "id": "A1",
     "linkedchart": {
       "chart": {
         "caption": "Second Level 1",
         "xAxisName": "Week",
         "yAxisName": "Sales",
         "numberprefix": "{:content:}quot;
       },
         {
           "label": "Week A1",
           "value": "799"
         },
         {
           "label": "Week A2",
           "value": "6789"
         }
       ]
     }
   },

While, this excerpt from a chart, showing the use of the "jsonurl", fails to display the OverlayButton when the linked chart data is loaded. In this example, this is essentially showing and endpoint "MyApp/Service/SomeTestData" that will returning the valid and appropriate json data:

{
     "label": "Week 1",
     "value": "14400",
     "link": "newchart-jsonurl-MyApp/Service/SomeTestData"
   },

The example on your own website illustrates what I described above. This actually seems to perhaps be ONLY for Firefox, and only when Firefox is only using the Javascript Chart (no flash available.) This seems to work in Chrome and IE. So, again, perhaps this is a bug only for Firefox with Javascrip/HTML5 charts.

Fusion Charts Sample Page for linked chart and jsonurl

There are some other examples marked as jsonurl that are actually json data examples, loading from a static variable. Don't be sidetracked by those :)

In my own example, when I override the rendering to be Javascript all the time, and not Flash, it never shows the overlayButton correctly.

So, I believe the issue is with the Javascript rendering with jsonurl as the method for loading linked charts for ALL browsers, not just Firefox as I mentioned above.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Happy FusionCharting!

So, is this a known issue that you are working on? The javascript/HTML5 charts using jsonurl w/ linked charts not rendering the overlayButton.

Your response didn't indicate that this was an issue that you know about.

Thanks!

I am facing the same issue in a column chart using xmlurl and IE9. I set the link using xmlurl. When I click a column to load the child chart, the back button is visible until the child chart completes loading. After that, it becomes a small box. This works fine if I use xml instead of xmlurl. Is there a fix for this issue?

Please see the image below.

post-28292-0-10711000-1342527616_thumb.png

Thanks!