Sign in to follow this  
xmfail

Error In Loading Data In Ie8 But Not In Firefox/chrome

I have get a problem when using fusionchart.

js code:

var myChart1 = new FusionCharts("js/fusioncharts/charts/Pie3D.swf", "myChartId", "350", "300", "0", "1");

myChart1.setDataXML(obj5);

myChart1.render("content1");

html code:

<td colspan="3"><div id="content1" style="text-align: center;"></div></td>

it works in firefox/chrome, but In IE8, it display"Error in loading data".

note: it works on apache server.

i need help! !!

anybody can help me ?thank you.....

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Could you please confirm the FusionCharts version you are using?

Awaiting for your response.

thank you very much! the version is 3.1

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Could you please confirm the FusionCharts version you are using?

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

If you get a "Error in Loading Data" message in your chart, it means that FusionCharts could not find XML data at the specified URL. In that case,please check the following:

1.Check if you've actually provided Data URL or Data String. If you do not provide either, FusionCharts looks for a default Data.xml file in the same path. Now, if that is also not found, it shows the "Error in Loading Data" error.

2. If you're using Data URL method, paste this URL in your browser to check if it's returning a valid XML. Make sure, there are no scripting or time-out errors and a valid XML is being returned. Also make sure that the XML isn't intermingled with HTML content. The data provider page should return a clean XML only - not even HTML <head> or <body> tags.

3. Make sure you're passing relative URLs for Data URL, and not absolute URLs. To restrict cross site security attacks, FusionCharts doesn't allow colons in dataURL (starting v3.0.5). So you cannot specify dataURL as http://.../path/file.ext any more.

4. When using Data URL method, make sure that the SWF File and data provider page are on the same sub-domain. Due to Flash's sandbox security model, it cannot access data from external domains, unless otherwise configured.

Hope this helps.

Thanks ,I am not use setDataURL,i am usr setDataXML

this is my code:

Js code:

var myChart1 = new FusionCharts("js/fusioncharts/charts/Pie3D.swf", "myChartId", "350", "300", "0", "1");

myChart1.setDataXML(obj5);

myChart1.render("content1");

html code:

<td colspan="3"><div id="content1" style="text-align: center;"></div></td>

it works well in firefox/chrome, but In IE8

Hi,

If you get a "Error in Loading Data" message in your chart, it means that FusionCharts could not find XML data at the specified URL. In that case,please check the following:

1.Check if you've actually provided Data URL or Data String. If you do not provide either, FusionCharts looks for a default Data.xml file in the same path. Now, if that is also not found, it shows the "Error in Loading Data" error.

2. If you're using Data URL method, paste this URL in your browser to check if it's returning a valid XML. Make sure, there are no scripting or time-out errors and a valid XML is being returned. Also make sure that the XML isn't intermingled with HTML content. The data provider page should return a clean XML only - not even HTML <head> or <body> tags.

3. Make sure you're passing relative URLs for Data URL, and not absolute URLs. To restrict cross site security attacks, FusionCharts doesn't allow colons in dataURL (starting v3.0.5). So you cannot specify dataURL as http://.../path/file.ext any more.

4. When using Data URL method, make sure that the SWF File and data provider page are on the same sub-domain. Due to Flash's sandbox security model, it cannot access data from external domains, unless otherwise configured.

Hope this helps.

Before this, I use it like this in jsp page,deploy in tomcat or weblogic,It works well in all of them..

but this time,i use it in php,deploy in apache ,it works well in firefox/chrome, but In IE8

Before this, I use it like this in jsp page,deploy in tomcat or weblogic,It works well in all of them..

but this time,i use it in php,deploy in apache ,it works well in firefox/chrome, but In IE8

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Could you please send us a scaled down sample to look into the issue?