Sign in to follow this  
badrinath

Install Flash Player Problem

Hi,

We are using fusion charts in various pages of our website. Some of our customers using our website have complained that on accessing fusion charts from Internet Explorer they get a prompt asking them to install Adobe Flash Player , and the fusion chart loads only if the prompt box is closed. The problem is they are getting this prompt despite Adobe Flash Player already installed in their systems. This happens each and every time they access a page with fusion chart. However Im not able to reproduce the problem at my end. Please get back to me with a possible reply on this issue as soon as possible.

Regards,

Badri

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please confirm the FusionCharts, IE and Flash player version used?

Awaiting for your response.

Hi,

FusionCharts - version 3.1

IE - One of our customers has informed us that it happens both in IE8 & IE9

Flash Player - latest version, 11.1.102.55. May be it happens with other versions of flash too, but we are not sure about that.

The Fusion charts are really cool but this is a nagging issue we are facing. Expecting a quick solution from you.

Regards,

Badri

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please confirm the FusionCharts, IE and Flash player version used?

Awaiting for your response.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please download the latest version of FusionCharts i.e v 3.2.2(XT) from: http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/trials/ ?

All the features of FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2) are backward compatible with FusionCharts v3.1. Hence, upgrading is as easy as copy-pasting files.

For more details, please visit: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/Introduction/Upgrading32.html

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. But are you sure upgrading will solve this issue? Im asking this because , as I already said we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end , so we wont be able to test whether your solution works or not. After upgrading we have to intimate our customers that we have fixed the problem , thats why I want a confirmation on whether upgrading will definitely solve the issue.

Regards,

Badri

Hi,

Could you please download the latest version of FusionCharts i.e v 3.2.2(XT) from: http://www.fusioncha...ownload/trials/ ?

All the features of FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2) are backward compatible with FusionCharts v3.1. Hence, upgrading is as easy as copy-pasting files.

For more details, please visit: http://docs.fusionch...pgrading32.html

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Its disappointing that I hav'nt got a reply for my previous query while you have gone on to reply to the forum posts of other users.

I upgraded my fusion charts swf and js files to version 3.2.2. The chart is loading, but Im getting this javascript error - a.options is undefined in line number 139 of FusionCharts.js. Please Help.

Regards,

Badri

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. But are you sure upgrading will solve this issue? Im asking this because , as I already said we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end , so we wont be able to test whether your solution works or not. After upgrading we have to intimate our customers that we have fixed the problem , thats why I want a confirmation on whether upgrading will definitely solve the issue.

Regards,

Badri

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Please find the latest SR1 JS files attached for your reference.

You would need to copy these JS files in your charts folder.

Hope this helps.

FusionChartsSR1-beta2.zip

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Please find the latest SR1 JS files attached for your reference.

You would need to copy these JS files in your charts folder.

Hope this helps.

Hello, I'm actually having something of the same problem. When viewing in firebug, the charts will load fine, but I get javascript errors:

a.options is undefined

f.data[e].name),h=parseFloat(f.data[e]...ref.getDataAsCSV=a.getCSVData})}})();

I'm seeing this in FireFox 8.0.1, and this is after I've downloaded the newest FusionCharts (XT v3.2.2).

I also tried downloading those updated files you've attached in this thread, and I'm still getting the same errors for each flash chart.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

There is no feature limitation in the trial version of FusionCharts, except for the fact that the trial version charts are watermarked. If you have been using the trial version of FusionCharts in your application and are now upgrading to a commercial license of FusionCharts, you'll need to do the following:

1.Replace Evaluation version Flash (SWF) files with newly purchased Flash (SWF) files (present in Download Package > Charts folder)

2. Replace Evaluation version JavaScript files with newly purchased JavaScript files (present in Download Package > Charts folder)

3. If you are using a version earlier to XT, make sure you have copied FusionCharts.HC.js and FusionCharts.HC.Charts.js (along with FusionCharts.js and jquery.min.js) from the Licensed Download Package > Charts folder.

4. Clear your browser cache - very important step.

When you now view your application, you won't see any watermarks on the charts.

Hope this helps.