Sign in to follow this  
spmmohan123

y axis divider line in scatter chart

Iam using scatter chart . In my xml is like below.

<graph caption="" formatNumberScale='0' canvasBgColor="FFFFFF" numDivLines="10" yAxisName="Consumption" xAxisName="Date" rotateNames="0" showLegend="1" showNames="1" xAxisMaxValue="132" xAxisMinValue="11" yAxisMinValue="1391" yAxisMaxValue="1411" decimalPrecision="0">

<categories verticalLineColor="666666" verticalLineThickness="1"><category name="0" x="0" showVerticalLine="1"/>

Pls let me know how y axis line is divided in the Graph.Some time its divided by 12 lines and some time divided by only one/two lines .

Pls let me know how to resolve this issues.Plf refer the atached graph for your reference.

Thanks,

Mohan

Q&A 4220.doc

HI,

FusionCharts automatically tries to adjust divisional lines based on the data provided. However, if you want to set number of divisional lines, first set adjustDiv='0' . That would disable automatic adjustment of divisional lines. Now. You can set the number of divisional lines using numDivLines, say, numDivLines='10'

Hi ,

I am fine with your answer.Now y-axis divider lines are coming with concrete  value.

But i want to konw how the automatic divider will be calculated based on the value.

For example ,

First Graph will be dispalyed with y-axis divider lines.Pls refer the atatchement first graph.

Second time i added one more value and  view the graph.it shows all the pointer with out any one y-axis divider line.Pls refer the second graph  in the attahcment.

Mohan

attachment.doc

Mohan,

When using adjustDiv=1, FusionCharts automatically calculates the best number of divlines that is closest to numDivLines specified in your XML. However, if the difference between upper and lower limit is a prime number, there are no possible numDivLines with the specified precision.

However, when using adjustDiv=0, FusionCharts forces even the prime number to be distributed into the specified numDivLines (thereby increasing the precision of the number). However, if you force your own decimal places, there could be a loss of precision.