Sign in to follow this  
Jvanleuvan

Ms Line Chart Y-Limits

The chart's range scales to the data, meaning if the largets number being graphed is 90 then the chart scales to have a Y limit of 90. But it is hard to read for some data. Is there an option to have the chart scale with some padding?

This is a problem on line charts. Having a line directly at the very top of the graph is un-readable. See my attached picture.

I Know I can set YMaxLimit. But that requires me to know what the data is before I graph it. Meaning I would have to have some server side script parse all the data and look for the maximum values.

I was hoping to have the chart automatically scale(like it already does), but with a reasonable amount of padding. (say 10%). so the max values aren't against the chart's edge.

post-17938-0-57749800-1326476213_thumb.jpg

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Like you have already stated, 'yAxisMaxValue' attribute helps you explicitly set the upper limit of the chart.

If you don't specify this value, it is automatically calculated by FusionCharts based on the data provided by you.

However, I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support expressions for yAxisMaxValue attribute.

The logic to calculate yAxisMaxValue has to be explicitly coded, like you got it right.

Hope this helps !