jstucken

Image quality

Hi All,

Another tip of the hat to the Fusion Charts team as they continue to develop new capabilities and improve older ones. It has been several months since I checked the site and the amount of changes you folks have made is astounding, great job.

I was testing out the new feature that allows you to save the chart as an image - I cannot tell you how long I've been getting hounded about this one - and I was wondering if maybe I am doing something wrong as the quality of the image seems a little off (see images below).

Saved image

6tkwcuu.jpg

Screen shot of actual graph (PNG)

8e8jipg.png

Screen shot PNG opened in paint and saved as JPEG

6phixvn.jpg

I am really sorry to even bring this up since this awesome feature is not even a week old and I am hoping that it is just me screwing something up. Is there a way to change the image quality, or anything else for that matter, that might help to achieve a clearer image? Again I am sorry about mentioning this and I am sure that it is just something I am messing up. Happy Holidays and keep up the good work in the New Year.

Hi,

Can you please send me the XML data you're using and with which chart SWF? We tried it with several charts and couldn't get this error.

Btw, the image quality setting is done in the ASPX page or PHP page.

Hi Pallav,

I am also getting this same problem but on the Powercharts Radar Graphs. When I use the 'Save as Image' function the fonts on the graph get distorted in the exported jpg.

I have noticed it only happens when I apply styles to the graph using the styles and application tags. This is a problem as my client has asked for certain styles to be applied to the captions etc on the graph.

I am using PHP version of the image save (FusionChartsSave.php)

The distorted jpg using 'Save as Image' with styles applied to the graph:

FusionCharts.jpg

How it is supposed to look (this is a screenshot taken in the browser then saved as GIF in Adobe Photoshop):

FusionChartScreenshot.gif

OK jpg using 'Save as Image' without styles applied to the graph:

FusionChartsNoStyles.jpg

Here is the XML I am feeding the graph which produces the problem:

http://test3.4mation.com.au/image_save/bad_xml.txt

Any advice to get around this problem?

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Stucken

Jonathan,

Can you make sure you're using v1.1 of the PHP image saving script - just look at the first comment in the file to see the version?

hi,

Please upgrade or download the latest version 3.0.6 of FusionCharts from our site and get the new FusionChartsSave.php from that pack.

Regards

Arindam

Guest Angie

Dear User,

We are delighted to announce that PowerCharts is now ready for your iPads and iPhones too. We have just released PowerCharts v3.2. Starting v3.2, PowerCharts has HighCharts embedded within it, and offers both Flash and JavaScript (HTML5) charting . The Flash charts are displayed on a majority of devices and the JavaScript charts on devices that do not support Flash, all of it without writing a line of code.

Automatic rendering of JavaScript charts on devices (like iPad and iPhone) where Flash player is not supported.

5 new chart types:

Heat Map Chart

Box and Whisker Chart

Step Line Chart

Error Line Chart

Error Scatter Chart

* Support for JSON data format.

* Support for LinkedCharts, where a single data source controls multiple charts.

* Interactive legends in charts allow selective showing/hiding of data series.

* Legends now support icons for each data series.

* Better management of labels on charts.

* Labels now have an auto rendering mode to prevent them from overlapping, the chart selects the best display mode depending on the length of the labels and the width of the chart.

* Long labels are truncated, with ellipses appended to the truncated end of each label, and a tooltip bearing the completed label text is displayed when the user hovers over a truncated label.

* Support for line breaks and wrapping in all text elements including: caption, sub caption, X-axis title, Y-axis title, Labels and tooltips.

* In Line charts, data values can now be positioned either above or below the dataplots. Automatic positioning of data values is also supported.

* In Step-line charts dataplots can be joined using vertical lines.

* Custom alignment of caption and sub caption using STYLES.

* Advanced print management using JavaScript.

* Additional options for efficient event handling using JavaScript.

* Support for dynamic update of chart properties using JavaScript(barring select scatter and drag charts).

* Charts now support % based sizes along with dynamic resizing (barring select scatter and drag charts).

Learn more about everything new in PowerCharts v3.2 at : http:/ www.fusioncharts.com/PowerCharts/

We would love to hear from you at: http://www.fusioncharts.com/contact/