Sign in to follow this  
yatin baraiya

Yatin-1 – – – Label Is Not Display In Fusionchart.

HY

My load xml in the fusionchart is below

<?xml version="1.0"?> <chart labelDisplay="ROTATE" slantLabels="1" caption="Downloads (by organisation)" subCaption="" xAxisName="Organisation name" bgColor="FFFFFF" formetNumberScale="0" showYAxisValues="0" numDivLines="0" showBorder="1" canvasBorderThickness="1" canvasBorderColor="#FFFFFF" showCanvasBase="1" plotGradientColor="" placeValuesInside="0" canvasbgColor="E5F2F8"> <styles> <definition> <style name='MyCaptionFontStyle' type='font' face='Verdana' size='12' bold='1'/> <style name='myBevel' type='Bevel' angle="90" distance='1'/> </definition> <application> <apply toObject='Caption' styles='MyCaptionFontStyle' /> <apply toObject='subCaption' styles='MyCaptionFontStyle' /> <apply toObject='Canvas' styles='myBevel'/> </application> </styles> <set label='cop' value='0' /> <set label='yatin-1 – – –' value='0' /> </chart>

and i will use above in jsp as below

orgChart = new FusionCharts("./js/FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", "chart1Id", "100%", "100%", "0", "1");

orgChart.setDataURL(escape('above xml'));

orgChart.setTransparent();

orgChart.render("testChart");

it will not display this character – in chart ,i had add this label "yatin-1 – – –".

As well as it is also not support other language.and i have already try it this link "http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/?Code/J2EE/JSP_UTF8Example.html"

but not get any solution

please help me anybody for my problem solution.

Thanks

Yatin Baraiya

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Please note that in order to use any multi-lingual characters on the chart, you necessarily need to use UTF-8 encoded XML/JSON. More importantly, the XML/JSON file or stream requires UTF-8 BOM stamp to be present as the very first 3 Bytes of the file. Most of the text editors like Notepad can do this automatically.

To know more on how to BOM mark a file, please read : http://docs.fusionch...ars/SpChar.html

Please note the two basic thumb rules:

For Data URL method - the XML/JSON should be having the BOM stamp.

For Data String method - the HTML/application file containing the XML/JSON should have the BOM stamp.

BOM is Byte Order Mark. It is 'EF BB EF' - these 3 bytes in case of UTF-8 encoded files, the BOM being placed at the very beginning of the file. It is an indicator that the file is containing UTF-8 encoded strings. Also, please note that specifying the encoding setting i.e., <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> in the XML header region does not add the Byte Order Mark (BOM) to the XML/JSON file.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the fast reply

sir i had already try with the below

<%@ page session="false"%>

<%@ page language="java" errorPage="" buffer="32kb" autoFlush="true" import="java.io.*"%><%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags"%><%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="/WEB-INF/taglibs/c.tld"%><%

response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "cache, must-revalidate"); //HTTP 1.1

response.setHeader("Pragma", "public"); //HTTP 1.0

response.setDateHeader ("Expires", 0); //prevents caching at the proxy server

response.setContentType( "text/xml; charset=UTF-8" );

out.write(0xFEFF);

%>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

in jsp

as per suggested in the below link

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/advanced/special-chars/SpChar.html

here i paste the my full jsp file code but still i not able to display this character – in chart.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<%@ page session="false"%>

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8"/>

<%@ page contentType="text/xml; charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8" language="java" errorPage="" buffer="32kb" autoFlush="true" import="java.io.*"%><%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags"%><%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="/WEB-INF/taglibs/c.tld"%><%

response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "cache, must-revalidate"); //HTTP 1.1

response.setHeader("Pragma", "public"); //HTTP 1.0

response.setDateHeader ("Expires", 0); //prevents caching at the proxy server

response.setContentType( "text/xml; charset=UTF-8" );

out.write(0xFEFF);

%>

<chart labelDisplay="ROTATE" slantLabels="1" caption="Downloads (by organisation)" subCaption="" xAxisName="Organisation name" bgColor="FFFFFF" formetNumberScale="0" showYAxisValues="0" numDivLines="0" showBorder="1" canvasBorderThickness="1" canvasBorderColor="#FFFFFF" showCanvasBase="1" plotGradientColor="" placeValuesInside="0" canvasbgColor="E5F2F8">

<styles>

<definition>

<style name='MyCaptionFontStyle' type='font' face='Verdana' size='12' bold='1'/>

<style name='myBevel' type='Bevel' angle="90" distance='1'/>

</definition>

<application>

<apply toObject='Caption' styles='MyCaptionFontStyle' />

<apply toObject='subCaption' styles='MyCaptionFontStyle' />

<apply toObject='Canvas' styles='myBevel'/>

</application>

</styles>

<c:forEach items="${orgDownload}" varStatus="index" var="downloadData">

<set label='yatin-1 – – –' value='0' value='${downloadData.orgDownloadCount}' <c:if test="${downloadData.orgDownloadCount>0}"> link='javascript:callChartTrail(<c:out value="${downloadData.orgId}"/>);' </c:if>/>

</c:forEach>

</chart>

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response.

I am unable to replicate the issue.

Can you please try with the latest version of FusionCharts suite?

You may try downloading the trial version from the link below,

www.fusioncharts.com/download/trials/

Hope this helps!