Sign in to follow this  
Trinity

Sql Connection Issues

Hello,

i am using the collabion wizard to create chart from a SQL database. I enter servername, Database name and press the button connect. But I have error message "could not connect to server. login failed for user xxx\xxx. please check the network conneciotn or make sure database settings are correct.".

The user used to connect is dbowner on the SQL database.

Can you help me, please ?

Hi,

Could you please send us detail error message which is being logged in "CollabionCharts_ErrorLog" by going to "Lists" > "CollabionCharts_ErrorLog", so that we can look into the issue?<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

2 errors messages in the logs

Provider is not found for WebPart: g_c5af8a87_ada7_4df7_ace7_ebbfba024eb4 and Provider Name: g_c5af8a87_ada7_4df7_ace7_ebbfba024eb4.

at Collabion.Charts.Business.ProviderManager.GetProvider(String webPartId, String name)

at Collabion.Charts.Business.WebService.GetProviderConfiguration(String webPartId, String name)

at Collabion.Charts.WebServicePage.OnInit(EventArgs e)

AND

Login failed for user 'global\admnga'.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

at Collabion.Charts.Business.Providers.Base.SqlDataProvider.Connect()

at Collabion.Charts.Business.WebService.Connect(String webPartId, String name)

at Collabion.Charts.WebServicePage.OnInit(EventArgs e)

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Could you please make sure that the Datebase Server is configured with "Mixed Mode Authentication" instead of only "Windows Authentication"?

post-1758-0-77854000-1327326667_thumb.png

I tried same connection but using sa account instead of the Active Directory who is dbowner on the database. With SA it is working, should it possible to have it work with the windows active directory account ?

Hi,

Could you please try log-in into SQL Server using the same account from a different application and check, because it seems to be a generic issue with SQL Authentication.

Hi,

I try a connection from Excel and can't connect to SQL. It seems to be SQL authentication problem.

Thank you for your help, I will have a look with my SQL DB administrator.