Sign in to follow this  
a_goodgirl

Pie Chart: Labels Are Cut Off

Hi!

Using version 3.2.2. When the window is reduced labels are cut off. How to show the whole text (label in a few lines?)? Smart Labels no results

Thanks

<chart toolTipSepChar=": " showAboutMenuItem="1" decimals="0" animation="0" showPercentValues="0" forceDecimals="1" AlternateHGridColor="f7f7f7"
caption="Выделение отдельным категориям потребителей средств на установку приборов учета используемых энергетических ресурсов" 
showValues="1" use3DLighting="1" canvasBorderThickness="1" decimalSeparator="," formatNumber="1" canvasbgColor="ffffff" showShadow="0" bgAlpha="100"
thousandSeparator=" " showYAxisValues="0" showBorder="0" showPrintMenuItem="1" formatNumberScale="0" aboutMenuItemLabel="About Contour BI" 
aboutMenuItemLink="n-http://www.contourcomponents.ru" bgColor="ffffff" showLabels="0" xAxisName="Год" legendBorderAlpha="0" showPercentInToolTip="0" showLegend="0" yAxisName="">
<set displayValue="Регионы, в которых средства выделяются 44 %" value="43.9593" link="n-#cell,0,0" color="d2e0b4" label="Регионы, в которых средства выделяются"/>
<set displayValue="Регионы, в которых средства не выделяются 56 %" value="56.0407" link="n-#cell,0,0" color="00aaff" label="Регионы, в которых средства не выделяются"/>
</chart>

post-24036-0-53363300-1327486658_thumb.jpg

post-24036-0-85182800-1327486673_thumb.jpg

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Starting FusionCharts v3.2, pie/doughnut charts allow label wrapping. To enable that, you would need to set

<chart manageLabelOverflow='1' ..>

By default, this attribute is set to 0. Essentially, use of this attribute causes division of the chart into imaginary quadrants. Data labels are either wrapped or truncated depending on their length and also the quantity of data labels contained in the quadrant. If a quadrant contains many data labels, then long labels would be truncated (with ellipses, and then tool-tips are enabled for that label) and not wrapped owing to unavailability of overhead space.

Ref: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/?AttDesc/Pie_DoughnutChartAtrributes.html

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Starting FusionCharts v3.2, pie/doughnut charts allow label wrapping. To enable that, you would need to set

<chart manageLabelOverflow='1' ..>

By default, this attribute is set to 0. Essentially, use of this attribute causes division of the chart into imaginary quadrants. Data labels are either wrapped or truncated depending on their length and also the quantity of data labels contained in the quadrant. If a quadrant contains many data labels, then long labels would be truncated (with ellipses, and then tool-tips are enabled for that label) and not wrapped owing to unavailability of overhead space.

Ref: http://docs.fusionch...Atrributes.html

Hope this helps.

Is this property only supported when using "Flash" rendering? It does not seem to work when JavaScript rendering is used.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I am afraid, JavaScript chart does not support manageLabelOverflow attribute, as of now.

We would get back to you once there is any news from our end.

Hope you have a great day!

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

FusionCharts Free does not support advanced label management using "manageLabelOverflow" attribute as of now.

Please note that this was introduced in FusionCharts V3.2 whereas FusionCharts Free (V2.3) is an open-source Flash charting component which originally was FusionCharts v2.3.

Hi,

Is this setting available in the free version of Fusion Chart??

Thank You.

-tarun

I think manageLabelOverflow not working well. I'm using Fusion Chart 3.2

In my pie chart, there are only 4 labels, one at left, one at top, one at right and one at bottom.

When I set manageLabelOverflow = 1, the left label is wrapped and display as:

"Net Food Revenue,

52.24% "

But the right label is truncated as Net Beverage Revenu... without wrapping.

The full text of my right label is "Net Beverage Revenue, 47.76%" . Why isn't it wrapped as left side label.

Please see attachment post-22016-0-46771600-1331714333_thumb.png

I also attach another case of label truncate. post-22016-0-62917600-1331715354_thumb.png

Edited by zawmn83

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please note that in Pie/Doughnut charts, by default "manageLabelOverflow" attribute is set to 0. Essentially, use of this attribute causes division of the chart into imaginary quadrants.

Data labels are either wrapped or truncated depending on their length and also the quantity of data labels contained in the quadrant.

If a quadrant contains many data labels, then long labels will be truncated (with ellipses, and then tool-tips are enabled for that label) and not wrapped owing to unavailability of overhead space.

For more information on "Pie and Doughnut Chart > Smart Labels and Lines", please follow the link below:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?AttDesc/Pie_DoughnutChartAtrributes.html

Hope this helps!

Hi

It is ok to truncate when many data labels and very less space. Please check my sample attachment screens, there are only 4 labels and a lots of space to wrap the label.

My system will embed this PIE chart in pdf file. So tool-tips are not able to see by user.

Please help, It is urgent issue, my users are complaining about this. I couldn't answer why this happen.

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please note that in Pie/Doughnut charts, by default "manageLabelOverflow" attribute is set to 0. Essentially, use of this attribute causes division of the chart into imaginary quadrants.

Data labels are either wrapped or truncated depending on their length and also the quantity of data labels contained in the quadrant.

If a quadrant contains many data labels, then long labels will be truncated (with ellipses, and then tool-tips are enabled for that label) and not wrapped owing to unavailability of overhead space.

For more information on "Pie and Doughnut Chart > Smart Labels and Lines", please follow the link below:

http://docs.fusionch...Atrributes.html

Hope this helps!

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Can you set "manageLabelOverFlow" attribute to 0 under the chart element?

And also, can you increase width and height of the chart?

Ref code:

<chart .. manageLabelOverFlow='0'>

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

I am afraid, if there is no enough space, then the labels will be truncated.

Note: The visible space is not the actual space available. FusionCharts charting engine has its own logic to calculate the available space.

Hence, if you do not want to truncate the labels then you have to either:

1. Increase the width of the chart.

OR

2. Define pieRadius to a lower value.

OR

3. Define startingAngle to an appropriate value so that there is space available for all the labels.

Please find attached screen shot of a sample chart.

Hope this helps !

post-23884-0-03327100-1331793301_thumb.png

Edited by Bindhu

Hi

Thanks for you reply.

Does Fusion Chart has any plan to upgrade its logic to calculate the available space?

According to my charts, it is clear to know this logic has weakness even for such simple 4 labels.

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

I am afraid, if there is no enough space, then the labels will be truncated.

Note: The visible space is not the actual space available. FusionCharts charting engine has its own logic to calculate the available space.

Hence, if you do not want to truncate the labels then you have to either:

1. Increase the width of the chart.

OR

2. Define pieRadius to a lower value.

OR

3. Define startingAngle to an appropriate value so that there is space available for all the labels.

Please find attached screen shot of a sample chart.

Hope this helps !

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will update this thread, if there are any further developments on the same.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Our team is continuously working to make the charts more intelligent.

However, we would fix this issue of space management in future releases.

Thanks for your time and support.

Hi,

If 'manageLabelOverflow' attribute works in column or line charts... I need this functionality in column charts..

Regards,

Anna

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

If 'manageLabelOverflow' attribute works in column or line charts... I need this functionality in column charts..

Regards,

Anna

Hi,

manageLabelOverFlow attribute works only with Pie/Doughnut charts.

If you want to manage labels in column charts, you can use various label display modes.

For more information, refer the following URL's:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?AttDesc/DataLabels.html

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?AttDesc/Pie_DoughnutChartAtrributes.html