Sign in to follow this  
Mspec

A Bit Confused In Real Time Updating.

Hi guys I am a little confused with what is going on in regards to the real time updating of the angular gauge, well any of the real time widget gauges. I have downloaded and put in place the trial version of the widgets and the gauge itself shows just fine but won't update. I am just using your examples so I can get to grips with things being a bit of a novice at all this.

I am currently running my own home server which is running ubuntu with apache and php5 all the latest versions and on a seperate pc in the house.

I have had a search though the forum but have not seen any thing that really helps me. I have seen mentioned in the forum and on your main site the following question in regards to my problem.

4. Check if dataStreamURL is returning proper data. To test this, just open your browser and run this page. It should return the data in text format.

The problem is if I point my browser to the file CPUData.asp instead of it returning data values all it returns is a copy of the complete script. Here is a screen shot of what I mean. I am a bit confused how to get this working correctly.

Any help would be most appreciated.

errorej.jpg

Guest Sumedh

Greetings. :)

The angular gauge is a real time chart, which can continuously request new data from the server and display the same, without involving any page refreshes.

You can specify the URL of the data provider and the time interval (in seconds), after which the gauge will look for new data.

The data provider page needs to be a page at your server-side, which when invoked by angular gauge, will output the new data according to specific format.

To create Angular Gauge with Real-Time update, you would need add dataStreamURL, refreshInterval, dataStamp attributes in the XML file.

dataStreamURL attribute points the Real-Time update code file (e.g. CPUData.asp), For refreshInterval attribute you can specify the number of seconds after which the chart will look for new data.

dataStamp attribute, Constantly changing data stamp that can be added to real time Data URL, so as to maintain a state.

Please refer the following URL for more information,

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/widgets/Contents/?Angular/RealTime.html

You can refer examples on AngularGauge with Real-Time capabilities in the Download Package>>Code>>AngularGauge Folder.

Hope this helps. :)

Greetings. :)

The angular gauge is a real time chart, which can continuously request new data from the server and display the same, without involving any page refreshes.

You can specify the URL of the data provider and the time interval (in seconds), after which the gauge will look for new data.

The data provider page needs to be a page at your server-side, which when invoked by angular gauge, will output the new data according to specific format.

To create Angular Gauge with Real-Time update, you would need add dataStreamURL, refreshInterval, dataStamp attributes in the XML file.

dataStreamURL attribute points the Real-Time update code file (e.g. CPUData.asp), For refreshInterval attribute you can specify the number of seconds after which the chart will look for new data.

dataStamp attribute, Constantly changing data stamp that can be added to real time Data URL, so as to maintain a state.

Please refer the following URL for more information

http://docs.fusionch...r/RealTime.html

You can refer examples on AngularGauge with Real-Time capabilities in the Download Package>>Code>>AngularGauge Folder.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the reply, I have managed to sort out the problem. It was because my server is not able to server up .asp , I changed the script to php so that it would return the values and everything now works fine.

I have one other question though, Is it possible to put caption's or titles on the gauge, Looking through the documention there seems to be a mention of captions for charts but when it tried it for the widget it would not output the text onto it.

Here is what I used instead of the Cpudata.asp , I just called it cpudata.php and changed the url tag in the xml file and it was good to go.

<? 
//This page is meant to output CPU Usage of 2 CPUs
//The data will be picked by FusionWidgets angular gauge. 
//You need to make sure that the output data doesn't contain any HTML tags or carriage returns.

//For the sake of demo, we'll just be generating a random value between 0 and 100 and returning the same.
//In real life applications, you can get the data from web-service or your own data systems, convert it into real-time data format and then return to the chart.

//Set randomize timers on
mt_srand((double)microtime()*1000000);
mt_srand((double)microtime()*1000000);

$lowerLimit=0;
$upperLimit=16;

//Generate a random value - and round it
$randomValue1=intval((mt_rand(0,10000000)/10000000)*($upperLimit-$lowerLimit))+$lowerLimit;
$randomValue2=intval((mt_rand(0,10000000)/10000000)*($upperLimit-$lowerLimit))+$lowerLimit;

//Now write it to output stream
print "&value=".$randomValue1."|".$randomValue2;

//Or you can also write in the following format - using IDs
//Response.Write("&CPU1=" & randomValue1 & "&CPU2=" & randomValue2)
?>

Guest Sumedh

Hi. :)

Thanks for sharing the sample code.:)

For chart title, you can try using annotations.

Annotations let you create your own custom objects (shapes, images, text etc.) in the charts.

You can create various shapes like polygons, rectangles, circles, arcs, etc., render annotation text at required positions.

For more information, please refer the following URL:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/widgets/Contents/?Annotations/Introduction.html

Hope this helps.:)

Hi, 

I am using AngularGauge , try to use dataStreamURL.

but my URL request need to have Header (security issue), How can I pass Header?

Thanks,

Guest Sumedh

Hello,

Currently, it's not possible to pass header information in dataStreamURL. :(