Sign in to follow this  
Sohail

Fusioncharts Xt Javascript Ie8

Hi,

I have updated all FusionCharts and FusionWedgets to XT and I used the newest version of FusionCharts.js file (fusioncharts/3.2.3-release.4749). they work great on all browsers but IE8 and since IE8 is the official browser in our corporate I need to fixed it before I can upload the new XT charts to production.

below is snapshot of error I'm seeing.

Can you please let me know how can I fix it?

Thanks,

post-27651-0-20032500-1331133362_thumb.jpg

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Can you please provide information of the following points?

> Can you please post your XML code here? so that we can look into the issue?

> What chart type is used?

> Is the chart rendered in JavaScript or Flash?

Hi,

Please find your answer below:

Hi,

Can you please provide information of the following points?

> Can you please post your XML code here? so that we can look into the issue?

<!-- Using ASP.NET FusionCharts v3.2.2.1 Wrapper and JavaScript rendering --><!-- START Script Block for Chart TicketRateKAKUChartID --><div id='TicketRateKAKUChartIDDiv' >Chart.</div><script type="text/javascript">if (FusionCharts && FusionCharts("TicketRateKAKUChartID") ) FusionCharts("TicketRateKAKUChartID").dispose();var chart_TicketRateKAKUChartID = new FusionCharts({"dataFormat" : "xml", "scaleMode" : "noScale", "renderAt" : "TicketRateKAKUChartIDDiv", "id" : "TicketRateKAKUChartID", "debugMode" : "0", "lang" : "EN", "swfUrl" : "/FusionCharts/MSColumn3DLineDY.swf", "wMode" : "opaque", "width" : "100%", "height" : "500", "registerWithJS" : "1","dataSource" : "<chart caption='KA & KU Total Tickets Rate' animation='1' xAxisName='Date' PYAxisName='Number of Sites' SYAXisName='Ticket Rate' showLabels='1' labelDisplay='AUTO' rotateLabels='0' labelStep='1' connectNullData='0' showValues='0' valuePosition='AUTO' rotateValues='0' showYAxisValues='1' showLegend='1' formatNumber='1' formatNumberScale='0' sFormatNumbe='1' sFormatNumberScale='0' showToolTip='1' exportEnabled='1' exportShowMenuItem='1' exportAtClient='1' exportHandler='fcExporter1' showExportDataMenuItem='1' sNumberPrefix='%' sDecimals='2' ><categories><category label='01-10-2009' /><category label='01-17-2009' /><category label='01-24-2009' /><category label='01-31-2009' /><category label='02-07-2009' /><category label='02-14-2009' /></categories><dataset seriesName='Population'><set value='426331' /><set value='427587' /><set value='428984' /><set value='430090' /><set value='437512' /><set value='439745' /></dataset><dataset seriesName='Ticket Rate' parentYAxis='S'><set value='6.38539458591642' tooltext='Date: 01-10-2009{br}Ticket Rate: 6.39 %{br}Count: 6,265' /><set value='6.33615134454119' tooltext='Date: 01-17-2009{br}Ticket Rate: 6.34 %{br}Count: 6,235' /><set value='7.23423027226346' tooltext='Date: 01-24-2009{br}Ticket Rate: 7.23 %{br}Count: 7,142' /><set value='7.24997755958055' tooltext='Date: 01-31-2009{br}Ticket Rate: 7.25 %{br}Count: 7,176' /><set value='6.87869566209994' tooltext='Date: 02-07-2009{br}Ticket Rate: 6.88 %{br}Count: 6,926' /><set value='7.17380038090257' tooltext='Date: 02-14-2009{br}Ticket Rate: 7.17 %{br}Count: 7,260' /></dataset></chart>"}).render();</script><!-- END Script Block for Chart TicketRateKAKUChartID -->

> What chart type is used?

I used "MSColumn3DLineDY.swf" for above and "MSColumn2D.swf" for other chart.

> Is the chart rendered in JavaScript or Flash?

IE8 is trying to render the charts in JavaScript.

Other browsers are able to render the chart in JavaScript even IE9. the problem happens when browser is IE8 and it is rendering the chart in JavaScript.

Thanks,

Edited by Sohail

Guest Sumedh

Hi Sohail,

We are not replicating the same. Find attached screenshot of MSColumn3DLineDY chart which is rendered using the same XML that you have provided.

However, we are passing this issue to our developer team , to look into this.

Thanks for your time and support.

post-24802-0-84897700-1331278089_thumb.jpg

Hi Sumedh,

Thank you for fast reply,

I see you used IE9, as I mentioned before, the chart renders in JavaScript for Chrome, Safari, FF, IE9 without any issue. My only problem is when I used IE8.

Thanks,

Sohail

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

The attached screenshot of the chart, is rendered using Internet Explorer 8.

If you check the screenshot, the window besides the chart shows the Browser Mode, in that Internet Explorer 8 is mentioned.

Hi,Interesting that code works fine in IE9 WITHOUT changing the capability mode to IE8 but as soon as I change the mode to IE8 it dosn't work. This time after page rendering was done and instead seeing chart there was message saying "Loading chart. Please wait " and it took for ever.

here are Java files I'm using:

• "FusionChartsExportComponent.js" @version fusioncharts/1.0.4-release
  • "FusionCharts.js" @version fusioncharts/3.2.3-release.4749
  • "FusionCharts.jqueryplugin.js" @version fusioncharts/3.2.3-release.4739
  • "FusionCharts.HC.Widgets.js" @version fusioncharts/3.2.3-release.4749
  • "FusionCharts.HC.js" @version fusioncharts/3.2.3-release.4749
  • "FusionCharts.HC.Charts.js" @version fusioncharts/3.2.2-servicerelease1.4200

But when the page is loading I only call "FusionCharts.js" and "FusionChartsExportComponent.js" as always.

Can you please check versions and let me know if they are nor compatible?

Thanks,

Sohail

Hi,

Interesting that code works fine in IE9 WITHOUT changing the capability mode to IE8 but as soon as I change the mode to IE8 it dosn't work. This time after page rendering was done, instead of seeing chart there was message saying "Loading chart. Please wait " and it took forever

here are Java files I'm using:

• "FusionChartsExportComponent.js" @version fusioncharts/1.0.4-release
  • "FusionCharts.js" @version fusioncharts/3.2.3-release.4749
  • "FusionCharts.jqueryplugin.js" @version fusioncharts/3.2.3-release.4739
  • "FusionCharts.HC.Widgets.js" @version fusioncharts/3.2.3-release.4749
  • "FusionCharts.HC.js" @version fusioncharts/3.2.3-release.4749
  • "FusionCharts.HC.Charts.js" @version fusioncharts/3.2.2-servicerelease1.4200

But when the page is loading I only call "FusionCharts.js" and "FusionChartsExportComponent.js" as always.

Can you please check versions and let me know if they are nor compatible?

Thank,

Sohail

Edited by Sohail

Guest Sumedh

Hi ,

We are unable to replicate this issue.

However, we are glad to inform you that, we have released a latest version of FusionCharts XT i.e., FusionCharts XT v3.2.2 Service Release 3, yesterday.

As it is a service release version, it includes various bug fixes and new features.

Could you please re-download and try?

You can download this version from the following link:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/trials/

Hi

The attached code works fine with IE 9 but when I switch to IE 8 using developer tools, it throws an script error and blank page is displayed.

The error is as follows

"SCRIPT380: Invalid property value.

FusionCharts.HC.js, line 5130 character 13 "

We are using FusionCharts XT(v3.2.2) SR3 (12th March, 2012).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jowet

sample.zip

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

The color code is wrong. Please remove the space and try.

Ref. Code:

<style type='font' name='myHTMLFont' isHTML='1' color='3d3d3d' /> // remove the space after 3d3d3d

Hope this helps !

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Happy FusionCharting.:D