Sign in to follow this  
tmorsey

Extremely Slow Rendering In Ie8 - Unusable

There is a problem with running the Javascript charts in IE8. The rendering of charts with many data points is unusable in an web application. After struggling with our application that uses FusionchartsXT thinking it was our code, I tried the online demos of multi-series line charts at your demo site. Even on the FusionchartsXT demo gallery site, the graph is unusable.

Try this: http://www.fusioncha.../#line-and-area

Click on the 1st line graph in the 3rd row – "Site hits per hour" and try it in IE8. This works great in IE9, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. In IE8 is unusable. If you try a chart with much fewer data points, it becomes reasonably usable. It seems to be the render() call and slows down considerably based on the number of data points. I also set up a simple test app on our site and tried a bar chart with the same number of data points, and that was just as slow.

I noticed several posts about the XT version and IE8/IE7 with respect to speed, crashes, errors... Has anyone else experienced this slow down?

This needs to be fixed / patched.

Any help would be appreciated

FusionCharts developers - anyone out there? Can someone from the development group take a look at this and offer a solution?

There is a problem with running the Javascript charts in IE8. The rendering of charts with many data points is unusable in an web application. After struggling with our application that uses FusionchartsXT thinking it was our code, I tried the online demos of multi-series line charts at your demo site. Even on the FusionchartsXT demo gallery site, the graph is unusable.

Try this: http://www.fusioncharts.com/demos/gallery/#line-and-area

Click on the 1st line graph in the 3rd row – "Site hits per hour" and try it in IE8. This works great in IE9, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. In IE8 is unusable. If you try a chart with much fewer data points, it becomes reasonably usable. It seems to be the render() call and slows down considerably based on the number of data points. I also set up a simple test app on our site and tried a bar chart with the same number of data points, and that was just as slow.

I noticed several posts about the XT version and IE8/IE7 with respect to speed, crashes, errors... Has anyone else experienced this slow down?

This needs to be fixed / patched.

Any help would be appreciated

Hey,

Apologies for the delayed response and inconvenience caused.

Due to various dependency factors, time taken to render the charts using IE8 takes considerable amount of time.

Also, the information shared by you though FusionCharts Support for the Ticket ID #112808 was very helpful.

Our developers are looking into the issue. We would update you soon on the same.

Has anyone fixed/addressed this problem??

We are planning on releasing another tool that uses FusionchartsXT graphs and the Internet Explorer 8 rendering of the charts is still unusable - 10+ seconds to render.

I tried using FusionCharts XT(v3.3.0) (29th January, 2013) -- still extremely slow rendering.

Has anyone had and fixed this problem?

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

Rendering in Internet Explorer 8 would take a longer time was a browser related issue.

Our developers are putting in effort to overcome this performance issue.

We are working on it. We are unable to commit any timeline.

For further developments, we would update this thread.

HI swarnam,

we are having same issue with Chrome and IE.

form what i have debugged its due to get offfsetwidth and offsetheight call in fusioncharts.HC.js.

offsetheight triggers a redraw of browser, which takes time in chrome and IE.

chrome already have a unresolved issue - 281225.

please try and workaround this problem.

Thanks,

Varinder Bansal

Peoplestrong

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi Varinder,

Could you please provide few more information as mentioned below, to comprehend the exact issue you are facing?

a. Chrome and IE version details and FusionCharts XT version details

b. The chart type tested and the number of data points provided for plotting

c. The exact time taken (in seconds) to load the chart completely in chrome/ IE browsers

Please note that as mentioned earlier, there is some performance issue with IE8 (which is browser related) and our developers are putting effort to overcome the performance issue for other browsers as well, in each releases.

So, if you are using older version than FusionCharts XT v3.3.1sr3, I will suggest you to try once with latest version and see if it helps. To download the trial version of latest FusionCharts XT, please visit the link: http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/trials/

Hope this helps!

Looking forward to your response.

FusionCharts JavaScript Library

Copyright FusionCharts Technologies LLP
License Information at <http://www.fusioncharts.com/license>
@version fusioncharts/3.3.1-sr2.19840

Charts/StackedBar2D.swf

Charts/MSLine.swf

Charts/Bar2D.swf

Widgets/HBullet.swf

We are using javascript rendering.  Using IE8 our pages rarely render.  If we use InPrivate browsing they do better but are still inconsistent.  I see this thread started back in 2012.  Has any progress been made on IE8 issues?  This has become a critical issue for us.  Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Farrell

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi Farrell,

As we have already mentioned earlier, due to some dependency factors with the IE8 browser, so that time taken to render the JavaScript charts using IE8 takes considerable amount of time.

Since the issue is with the older version of IE8, it is not possible to resolve the performance issue completely in FusionCharts Suite XT. But, compare to older version, the latest one has improved a bit.

However, we could suggest you to detect the browser version (before rendering the chart) by implementing your own code, and for IE8 specially disable the chart animation, tooltips, custom styles etc., which will run your application a bit faster.

Hope this helps!

Hi ShashiBhushan,

we are using FC 3.2.4 , chrome 35, IE 8,9,10.

when we are plotting more then 20 data points it renders very slow.

if I try to load 5 charts with 50 - 100 data points each
mozilla loads the charts in around 10-15 seconds out of which it takes 5-8 seconds for executing getHeight and width functions and redrawing accordingly
but Chrome takes around 1.5- 2 mins out of which 95% of the execution time goes to these functions only.
IE's Situation is even worse then this. couldn't get the exact execution times for different functions for IE.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Please note that before rendering a chart completely in the browser, it is doing a lots of internal calculations to provide the intelligences on chart.

Also, the loading time will depend on system configuration, processor speed, number of charts rendering in the browser, number of data points plotted per chart etc.

So, could you please verify once with other machine ( having high configuration than the existing) and let us know the result?

Also, if you could provide a scaled down sample implementation of the same issue, it would be of great help to debug the issue from our end.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

We are trying to display javascript charts that will be created dynamically (from DB), the problem is that the charts take too long to show and we don't actually see the "loading circle". It will actually be nice if we could at least see that on the page, we know that there are some performance issues for rendering the javascript charts (flash ones are ok).

Any suggestions on how to see those "loading circle"?

Thanks.

Hi,

We are trying to display javascript charts that will be created dynamically (from DB), the problem is that the charts take too long to show and we don't actually see the "loading circle". It will actually be nice if we could at least see that on the page, we know that there are some performance issues for rendering the javascript charts (flash ones are ok).

Any suggestions on how to see those "loading circle"?

Thanks.

Hi,

Could you please upgrade your current version to the latest, i.e, FusionCharts v3.4 and share your feedback with us?

FusionCharts Suite XT v3.4 boasts of a tremendous improvement in performance of the common charts in the suite, allowing you to build better performing dashboards for your desktops and mobile devices.

Hope this helps. :)