Sign in to follow this  
Alexandru

Bubble Chart

Hello to everyone,

I want to know please if there is any way to wrap or truncate the displayed value of a trendline in bubble chart. The parameters "labelDisplay" and "useEllipsesWhenOverflow " doesn't work.

Thank you,

Alexandru

Guest Bindhu

Hi Alexandru,

Thank you for the post.

You may wrap the displayValue of the trend line using the pseudo code {br}.

Ref. Code:

<line startValue='2.5' isTrendZone= '0' displayValue='This is to {br} show {br} that {br} long label {br} can be {br} wrapped {br} using the {br} pseudo {br} code' color='0372AB'/>

Please find attached screen shot of the chart rendered with the above settings.

Hope this helps !

post-23884-0-13041300-1331887594_thumb.png

Edited by Bindhu

Ref. Code:

<line startValue='2.5' isTrendZone= '0' displayValue='This is to {br} show {br} that {br} long label {br} can be {br} wrapped {br} using the {br} pseudo {br} code' color='0372AB'/>

Hi Bindhu,

Thank you very much, it seems like a good solution, I'm gonna try it right away.

I have almost the same problem for Multi-series Bar chart 3D. The labels are truncated and it puts or not the "..." depending on "useEllipsesWhenOverflow " parameter. Now, that's great because it adds a tooltip on labels also. The problem is in export because I want all the entire labels.

I quote the documentation for the parameter "maxLabelWidthPercent":

"Restricts the maximum length of data labels in terms of percentage of the charts width that the data labels can occupy. If a data label is longer than the specified percentage width then it will either be wrapped or get truncated, subject to availability of vertical space. Unnecessary space is not reserved for the data labels, in case all of them are shorter than the specified maximum width."

How can I wrap it, because the multiseries don't look for a "labelDisplay" parameter?!

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Alexandru

Guest Bindhu

Hi Alexandru,

Thank you for your response.

Glad to know that the solution helped you resolve the issue.

With regards to Multi-series Bar chart 3D, you may try using the same pseudo code.

Please post the sample XML so that we might be able to suggest a better solution.

Also, please let us know the height and width of the chart.

Awaiting your response !

Hi Alexandru,

Glad to know that the solution helped you resolve the issue.

With regards to Multi-series Bar chart 3D, you may try using the same pseudo code.

Please post the sample XML so that we might be able to suggest a better solution.

Also, please let us know the height and width of the chart.

Awaiting your response !

Hi Bindhu,

My XML is automatically generated and of course my labels have variable dimension from 1 to 255 chars.

The chart also but on a resolution of 1280X1024, its standard dimension is w:640 and h:540 with, of course, resize option.

For bar chart I didn't have the 3D option so I used the multiseries with one serie. For this reason I can't use like on a column 3D the "labelDisplay" option, that with wrap works fine.

The problem still remains and your "br" solution is not so good this time, because on 30 categories I think I will overlap the other series.

Is there any other solution?

Thank you again,

Alexandru

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Managing labels with huge amount of character range is not possible, as of now.

Thanks for your time and support.

Hi,

Managing labels with huge amount of character range is not possible, as of now.

Thanks for your time and support.

Thank you for the reply. What I want to know right now, is there any way to make a personal legend, on labels maybe?

For example I give to labels a number, mapped on a side legend with the name?

I need it of course for both multi and single series charts.

Thank you,

Alexandru

Guest Bindhu

Hi Alexandru,

With regards to you query, you may try using the FusionCharts Grid Component.

FusionCharts Grid Component helps you display Single-series FusionCharts data in a tabular format. You can combine the grid component with any Single-series chart to form a good looking combo.

For more details on 'Grid Component', please refer to the link below,'

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?grid-component/Grid_Overview.html

Hope this helps !

Hi Alexandru,

With regards to you query, you may try using the FusionCharts Grid Component.

FusionCharts Grid Component helps you display Single-series FusionCharts data in a tabular format. You can combine the grid component with any Single-series chart to form a good looking combo.

For more details on 'Grid Component', please refer to the link below,'

http://docs.fusionch...d_Overview.html

Hope this helps !

Hi Bindhu,

I saw the grid option and it could be a good idea on the "run" but that's not the problem. The grid is limited to single series and it's not available for the export where I need it more. At "run time" tooltips are enough.

Could you tell me please, what are the special characters that the "seriesName" attribute of a dataset interprets? For example I saw that for a line break I type " ". There is a table or something like that?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Hi Bindhu,

I saw the grid option and it could be a good idea on the "run" but that's not the problem. The grid is limited to single series and it's not available for the export where I need it more. At "run time" tooltips are enough.

Could you tell me please, what are the special characters that the "seriesName" attribute of a dataset interprets? For example I saw that for a line break I type " ". There is a table or something like that?

Thank you,

Alexandru

The post interpreted my chars: "& # 10 ;" (whithout space between).

Thank you again,

Alexandru