Sign in to follow this  
jp_sa

Invalid Xml Data

Good day Fusion Charts

I am having a strange issue lately. I made some changes to my code sometime back and I am not sure if these changes has caused the XML to become invalid.

I am getting an Invalid XML message with a map (Haiti) that I am trying to load. I have separated the XML that I feed into the chart (I use server-side) into an XML file for you to have a look at, please see attached file. The file opens in an XML editor and no errors appear. The only thing I can think of is that I changed the code that UrlEncodes the string in the XML.

Please can you tell me what I am doing wrong (it is probably going to be an obvious problem)?

Regards,

Justin

InvalidXMLMap.xml

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

With regard to your issue, the Invalid XML error is due to the '&' used in the label of <marker> element in your XML as shown below:

<marker id='686223' x='260.00' y='357.00' label='Hamburg	Wesley &{br}Assessment:  {br}Overall Average Score: 0{br}Facility+Rank+in+Country:  0{br}Date+Last+Assessed: {br}Component+area(s)+requiring+improvement:  Functional+area(s)+requiring+improvement: ' /> 

Could you please try by setting & to %26 and render the Map?

Ref. Code:

<marker id='686223' x='260.00' y='357.00' label='Hamburg	Wesley %26{br}Assessment:  {br}Overall Average Score: 0{br}Facility+Rank+in+Country:  0{br}Date+Last+Assessed: {br}Component+area(s)+requiring+improvement:  Functional+area(s)+requiring+improvement: ' /> 

Hope this helps!

Edited by Sashibhusan