Sign in to follow this  
Andre Steenveld

Legend With A Single Serie

Good day all,

I have been working with FusionCharts XT for a little while now and I am quite impressed and happy to use it. Although I am running into a few problems, I want to create a chart with a single series and a legend because the labels on the X-axis are just abbreviation. With bubble charts I have the same problem, the text is to large for the bubble so there is a number in it which maps to the legend.

I started experimenting with splitting my series into several smaller ones and filling up the "empty" but this doesn't have the desired effect the columns are very thing and not centered neatly.

I attached some screenshots showing what I want and what I got so far.

- André Steenveld

post-27834-0-34524800-1332949090_thumb.png

post-27834-0-69265300-1332949103_thumb.png

post-27834-0-15255000-1332949164_thumb.png

Guest Bindhu

Hi André,

Welcome to the FusionCharts Forum :)

Thank you for the post.

You may try using the Grid component to suffice your requirement.

Please find attached screen shot of the charts rendered with the grid component.

Also, for Bubble chart, as a work around you have to provide a separate single series XML file for the Grid component.

Please find attached the XML file used for the grid component of the Bubble chart.

Also, for more information on 'Grid Component', please refer to the link below,

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?grid-component/Grid_Overview.html

Hope this helps !

post-23884-0-41205000-1333002297_thumb.png

post-23884-0-35324100-1333002311_thumb.png

Bubble1.xml

Edited by Bindhu

Thank you for the quick reply.

I just read the documentation about the grid and it seems it is not possible to export it to SVG.

Although pie charts are also always single series it is possible to add a legend on those, isn't it possible to apply the same trick to bar and bubble charts?

- Best regards André

Guest Bindhu

Hi André,

I am afraid, it is not possible, as of now.

Legends are available only for the multi-series / combination charts and the Pie/Doughnut charts.

Hope this helps !

Hello Bindhu,

Thank you for the even quicker reply. I have been working on a work-around for this issue by splitting up my data into separate series for every bubble/column. Although I haven't tried it for the bubble charts but I presume this won't really be a problem the size of the bubbles etc.

By splitting the data into so many series the columns become quite thin and so far I haven't found any styling property to correct this. (As seen in the last screenshot in my first post) Is there a way I can put the column width for the padded columns to "0" and multiply the width of the data column by the amount of series I have?

- Best regards André

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

I am afraid, increasing data plot's width is not possible, as of now.

Thanks for your time and support.