nrm_403

Chart Performance Issue In Ie

Hi,

I need to display 4 charts in a page with each having data for 52 weeks.

Please find the below results in following browsers:-

Mozilla - Data loads in 4-5 seconds

Chrome - Data loads in 5-6 seconds

IE 7&8 - After 60 seconds, getting error that script running for too long.

Why is it taking so much time in IE? I tried with both XML and JSON objects. This is a blocking issue as far our application is concerned as our users mainly use IE.

Can you please suggests, how to fix this?

I've attached my code for your reference.

a.xml

performancecheck.html

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Could you please confirm, which FusionCharts version is used?

Could you please upgrade your FusionCharts XT version? We have released a new version of FusionCharts XT on 12th March 2012. FusionCharts XT v3.2.2 (Service Release 3) is the new version which is a service release version, which includes various bug fixes and new features.

Could you please download and try once again?

I'm using the below version

=========================================================================

Current Version:FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2) Service Release 2 (Released on 25th January, 2012)

=========================================================================

Version.txt

I downloaded the latest version available. Still in

IE7&8 I'm getting the Stop the Script issue. sad.gif

But in IE9 - It loads in 6.87 s.rolleyes.gif

Do you have any other solution for IE 7 & 8

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

We are looking into the issue. We shall update you at the earliest.

Please note that, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera browsers support SVG ( Scalable Vector Graphics). Internet Explorer does not support SVG, it supports VML.

The performance of SVG based browser is better as compared to the VML browsers. So, this affects on the rendering of chart with respect to the browsers.

Does JavaScript charts take longer time to render in Internet Explorer?

Hi ,

I'm using JavaScript charts only. I'm not using Flash charts at all. Yes, 4 JS charts with 52 weeks data is not getting loaded in IE 7&8. It simply throws script running for too long error.

It works well for rest of the browsers as all the charts get loaded in 4-6s!!!! Our concern arises because most of our users will be working on IE8.

Thanks for your time!!!!!

We are also facing performance issues in IE on charts which have lots of points.

We are using Fusion Charts XT with the latest patch release.

Is this something that is being looked into for the next release?

Hello,

We have performance issues in IE7 and IE8 as well. Do you have something in BETA which improves the performance issues,

Regards

Apoorve

Hi Apoorve,

Could you please specify the issues you are facing, a bit elaborately with an erroneous sample and preferable screenshot(s) so that we are able to test the same at our end?

Awaiting your reply.

Hi Apoorve,

Could you please specify the issues you are facing, a bit elaborately with an erroneous sample and preferable screenshot(s) so that we are able to test the same at our end?

Awaiting your reply.

Hello,

I think its pretty easy to replicate. You can put any 10 charts with static data and try to open in IE7. It will take 10 seconds or more to full show up. The screen will freeze and the performance is not good. Its the same issue as the person suggested above. Does your latest patch fix this,

Regards

Apoorve

Guest Sumedh

Hello,

I think its pretty easy to replicate. You can put any 10 charts with static data and try to open in IE7. It will take 10 seconds or more to full show up. The screen will freeze and the performance is not good. Its the same issue as the person suggested above. Does your latest patch fix this,

Regards

Apoorve

Hi,

Please refer this post: http://forum.fusioncharts.com/topic/11996-performance-issue-in-ie/page__pid__47174#entry47174