Sign in to follow this  
georgeTheTurtle

Interactive Legends With FC 3.1.1

Hi there,

my client have purchased FC v3.1.1 both charts and widgets. I've read here and there that the "interactive legend" features is new from the 3.2 version.

But I cannot find a "what's new" page to have the official confermation. Can I assume that with version 3.1.1 this feature is not implemented or there are some exceptions?

(I've tried to render MSColumn2D with javascript renderer and actually it does implement the "interactive legend", that's why I'm asking).

Regards,

Emilio

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

The Javascript rendering of charts is started from FusionCharts XT v3.2.2. Initially this feature was not supported.

Currently FusionCharts XT v3.2.2 is the latest version. This version is full of advanced features. You can get more information about the versions here: http://docs.fusionch...WhatsNew32.html

The interactive legend feature allows user to click on the icon for a data series to hide it and focus on the other series.

For live demo, refer this: http://www.fusioncha...eractive-legend

You can also customize legend by setting its position, shadow, border color etc. You can get more details about the customization here: http://docs.fusionch...esc/Legend.html

Hi there,

my client have purchased FC v3.1.1 both charts and widgets. I've read here and there that the "interactive legend" features is new from the 3.2 version.

But I cannot find a "what's new" page to have the official confermation. Can I assume that with version 3.1.1 this feature is not implemented or there are some exceptions?

(I've tried to render MSColumn2D with javascript renderer and actually it does implement the "interactive legend", that's why I'm asking).

Regards,

Emilio

Thanks for the answer.

The Javascript rendering of charts is started from FusionCharts XT v3.2.2. Initially this feature was not supported.

So this means that with 3.1.1 the js renderer may work in some cases but it is not guarantee and you can't have support on the problems you may find?

About interactive legends, it seems to me that here it is clearly stated that interactive legend was new from 3.2.

e

Guest Sumedh

Thanks for the answer.

So this means that with 3.1.1 the js renderer may work in some cases but it is not guarantee and you can't have support on the problems you may find?

About interactive legends, it seems to me that here it is clearly stated that interactive legend was new from 3.2.

e

Hi,

FusionCharts v3.1.1 does not support JavaScript rendering. Chart will be rendered in Flash only.

The Interactive legend feature is new from FusionCharts XT v3.2.2 and is bundled with various customization.

Also, can you send us the screen-shot of chart which was rendered using FusionCharts v3.1.1 ?

FusionCharts v3.1.1 does not support JavaScript rendering. Chart will be rendered in Flash only.

If so, why in the FusionCharts_enterprise.zip downloaded from the product update center (it says "FusionCharts Enterprise v3.1.1") I can find resources used for the js rendering i.e. "FusionCharts.HC.Charts.js"?

Anyway here is a code snippet:

$("#chartdiv").insertFusionCharts({
					swfUrl : "/testFC/swf/Pie2D.swf",
					dataSource : "...XML STRING..",
					dataFormat : "xml",
					width : 500,
					height : 300,
					id : "ChartId",
					renderer : "javascript",
					debugMode : "0"
				}); 

and I've attached a screenshot of the result.

Note that not only the rendering in js but also the auto switch between js and flash works.

post-25499-0-09674100-1334741562_thumb.png

Edited by georgeTheTurtle

Guest Sumedh

Hi

Please find attached demo and screen-shot which is rendered using latest FusionCharts XT version's (v3.2.2) JS files.

If you try to render chart in a non-flash background (using FusionCharts XT v3.2.2 JS files), automatically chart will be rendered in JavaScript.

Also can you send us your FusionCharts version JS files on [email protected]? So that, we can check.

Pie_Chart.zip