Sign in to follow this  
xuen

Line Chart X-Axis Label

Hi

I have few question about the line chart.

1. I have 2 line chart with below setting, refer to image (LineChart.jpg). Want to know how is the x-axis label display work? Why is top image show thedate label every 2 days but the bottom image show date label everyday?

Top image have setting:

<chart caption='' yaxisminvalue='0' yaxismaxvalue='100' numberSuffix='%' showValues='0' legendPosition='RIGHT' canvaspadding='8' bgcolor='FFFFFF' showBorder='0' canvasBorderThickness='1' canvasBorderColor='000000' plotGradientColor='' outCnvbaseFontColor='000000' showAlternateHGridColor='0' showShadow='1'>

Bottom image have setting:

<chart caption='' labelDisplay='rotate' slantlabels='1' yaxisminvalue='0' yaxismaxvalue='100' numberSuffix='%' showValues='0' legendPosition='RIGHT' canvaspadding='8' bgcolor='FFFFFF' showBorder='0' canvasBorderThickness='1' canvasBorderColor='000000' plotGradientColor='' outCnvbaseFontColor='000000' showAlternateHGridColor='0' showShadow='1'>

2. The labelStep property is not working properly. Refer to image (LineChartLabelStep.jpg).

Top image able to show the date label every 7 days which is set in the chart element (date range is 2 months).

Bottom image is showing date label every 9 days which is an unexpected result. (date range is 3 months).

Both line chart have the same setting (labelStep='7' ):

<chart allowPinMode='0' caption='CAPTION' labelStep='7' numberSuffix='%' showValues='0' slantLabels='1' xtLabelManagement='0' legendPosition='RIGHT' canvaspadding='8' bgcolor='FFFFFF' showBorder='0' canvasBorderThickness='1' canvasBorderColor='000000' plotGradientColor='' outCnvbaseFontColor='000000' showAlternateHGridColor='0' showShadow='1'>

3. Is it possible to customize the line chart base on the date range? Refer to image (Day Month.jpg)

For example:

If the date range is less than 2 months, the chart show day at x-axis label

If the date range is more than 2 moths, the chart show month at x-axis label. Note: I would like to remain the day point plot at the chart, just the x-axis label change to monthly.

post-28088-0-32780100-1337157088_thumb.jpg

post-28088-0-22459600-1337157503_thumb.jpg

post-28088-0-19400200-1337158426_thumb.jpg

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

It would be easy for us to work out if you can please provide us the XML data.

Also, please let us know the version of FusionCharts that you are currently using.

Please mention the height and width of the chart.

With regards to,

3. Is it possible to customize the line chart base on the date range? Refer to image (Day Month.jpg)

>> I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support any manipulation functions or attributes that manipulate data.

FusionCharts Suite is the most comprehensive data visualization solution for your web and enterprise applications but not a data processing software like other BI tools.

Hope this clarifies.

Awaiting response.

Edited by Bindhu

Hi,

Please find the attachment for the XML.

Basically the different is just the <chart> element's properties setting and the date range.

For first question's "Top image have setting:" xml, refer to text file "1.Top image have setting.txt"

For first question's "Bottom image have setting:" xml, refer to text file "1.Bottom image have setting.txt"

For second question, 1 month date range's xml, refer to text file "2.Both line chart have the same setting(1 month).txt", which show the label step correctly.

For second question, 3 months date range's xml, refer to text file "2.Both line chart have the same setting(3 months).txt".

Hi,

It would be easy for us to work out if you can please provide us the XML data.

Also, please let us know the version of FusionCharts that you are currently using.

Please mention the height and width of the chart.

With regards to,

>> I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support any manipulation functions or attributes that manipulate data.

FusionCharts Suite is the most comprehensive data visualization solution for your web and enterprise applications but not a data processing software like other BI tools.

Hope this clarifies.

Awaiting response.

1.Top image have setting.txt

1.Bottom image have setting.txt

2.Both line chart have the same setting(1 month).txt

2.Both line chart have the same setting(3 months).txt

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Thank you for the XML data.

1. I have 2 line chart with below setting, refer to image (LineChart.jpg). Want to know how is the x-axis label display work? Why is top image show thedate label every 2 days but the bottom image show date label everyday?

>> The label display depends on the availability of space.

In the first case where the labels are not slanted, there is no much space allocated for the labels and hence every next label is skipped.

Please increase the width of the chart to accommodate all the labels.

In the second case since the labels are slanted, the way in which the available space is calculated is different.

Hence all the labels are displayed.

2. The labelStep property is not working properly. Refer to image (LineChartLabelStep.jpg). Top image able to show the date label every 7 days which is set in the chart element (date range is 2 months). Bottom image is showing date label every 9 days which is an unexpected result. (date range is 3 months).

>> Again this depends on the width of the chart. Please try increasing the width of the chart for the "Both line chart have the same setting(3 months).txt " as there are more number of data points.

In the mean time, I will have a word with our developers regarding this.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Hi,

Thank you for the XML data.

>> The label display depends on the availability of space.

In the first case where the labels are not slanted, there is no much space allocated for the labels and hence every next label is skipped.

Please increase the width of the chart to accommodate all the labels.

In the second case since the labels are slanted, the way in which the available space is calculated is different.

Hence all the labels are displayed.

2. The labelStep property is not working properly. Refer to image (LineChartLabelStep.jpg). Top image able to show the date label every 7 days which is set in the chart element (date range is 2 months). Bottom image is showing date label every 9 days which is an unexpected result. (date range is 3 months).

>> Again this depends on the width of the chart. Please try increasing the width of the chart for the "Both line chart have the same setting(3 months).txt " as there are more number of data points.

In the mean time, I will have a word with our developers regarding this.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

i have further question on top of my previou question.

For the above question 1,

>> The label display depends on the availability of space. (Your reply)

But i found that, it is not display depends on the availability of space. Please refer to image (LineChartIssue.jpg) and LineChartIssue.txt for the XML file.

The date show is not viewable. Because it is too many dates.

If I remove the property - "labelDisplay='rotate'", refer to LineChartIssue-RemoveRotate.txt

The date display will be look like image (LineChartIssue-RemoteRotate.jpg).

Which if the date range is less than 2 weeks, the last date label in the chart will be wrapped. (see the bottom image).

Please help.

Thanks.

:)

post-28088-0-06664900-1337585455_thumb.jpg

LineChartIssue.txt

post-28088-0-42907400-1337585470_thumb.jpg

LineChartIssue-RemoveRotate.txt

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

>> Right, since there are too many data labels and there is no much space available, the labels are not viewable. Also, please do not set 'XTLabelManagement' attribute to 0. It is there for good.

Which if the date range is less than 2 weeks, the last date label in the chart will be wrapped. (see the bottom image).

>> Do not set 'XTLabelManagement' attribute to 0, please set it to 1.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Setting 'XTLabelManagement' or not doesn't make any changes.

What i want to archive are:

1. The date label is slanted always in the situation of 7 days - 6 months.

2. The date label show will be automatically by fusion chart

The problem i encounter are:

1. Setting labelDisplay='rotate' will make the date label slanted always but the date label is not auto divide like the labelstep

2. Remove the labelDisplay='rotate' will make the date label slanted for date range around 2 months and if the date range is less than 10 days, the date label will show like the image (LabelNotSlant.jpg)

Hi,

>> Right, since there are too many data labels and there is no much space available, the labels are not viewable. Also, please do not set 'XTLabelManagement' attribute to 0. It is there for good.

>> Do not set 'XTLabelManagement' attribute to 0, please set it to 1.

Hope this helps!

post-28088-0-59385900-1337650932_thumb.jpg

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Setting 'XTLabelManagement' or not doesn't make any changes.

What i want to archive are:

2. The date label show will be automatically by fusion chart

The problem i encounter are:

1. Setting labelDisplay='rotate' will make the date label slanted always but the date label is not auto divide like the labelstep

2. Remove the labelDisplay='rotate' will make the date label slanted for date range around 2 months and if the date range is less than 10 days, the date label will show like the image (LabelNotSlant.jpg)

Hi,

It is the intended behavior of the chart.

The chart automatically calculates it according to the data provided.

Hence it manages the labels.

Hi,

Just to confirm the answer, can I archieve what I want which are:

2. The date label show will be automatically by fusion chart. (Date will not overlap each other)

If the above is achievable, what is the properties that I need to set?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

It is the intended behavior of the chart.

The chart automatically calculates it according to the data provided.

Hence it manages the labels.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Just to confirm the answer, can I archieve what I want which are:

2. The date label show will be automatically by fusion chart. (Date will not overlap each other)

If the above is achievable, what is the properties that I need to set?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please find answers to your queries in-line below:

1. The date label is slanted always in the situation of 7 days - 6 months

>> You would need to apply labelDisplay attribute under the chart element.. Set its as Rotate

Also, you would need to set slantLabels attribute as '1'.

Please note, slantLabels attribute will work only if the labelDisplay attribute is set at Rotate.

>> To avoid overlapping, you can use AutoMode of labelDisplay attribute.

In auto mode the chart automatically chooses the most appropriate display mode for data labels - depending on availability of space.

Hope this helps.