Sign in to follow this  
Wally Kolcz

Failing To Gender So Somethng

So I am creating a analytics dashboard and I created the home page (in the root) with 6 charts. Worked like a charm. So now i want to create other sections with charts so I basically copied the page and pasted it into a folder ('fullreport')

i then modified the calls to render to go back one directory (to the root) and then to the proper folder with the chart controls and the data (../). Now nothing renders in the new page. Been doing web design/development for 10 years so I am pretty confident that I know how to go back one directory. Any ideas?

Here is from the landing page:

<?php

echo renderChart("assets/FusionCharts/MSColumn3D.swf", ".data/getMultiLineChartXML.php?dataSetID=2&forYear=2012", "", "chart1", 425, 300, false, true);

?>

here is from the page that is one directory up:

<?php

echo renderChart("../assets/FusionCharts/MSColumn3D.swf", "../data/getMultiLineChartXML.php?dataSetID=2&forYear=2012", "", "chart10", 425, 300, false, true);

?>

Oh, and yes, I did update the path to the renderer

include_once '../com/fusioncharts/FusionCharts.php';

Edited by Wally Kolcz

Ok, even weirder that might help. So I tool this index page and renamed it to fullreport.php and put it into the home directory (updating the paths back to root) and it works fine.

I then copied the SWF and the data file and pasted it into the /fullreport/ folder, modified the SWF and data to be in the same directory and it failed.

Something up with the FusionCharts.php?