itsm

Fusioncharts Resize Issue + Export Bar Chart Issue

Hi,

I'm facing 2 issues with Fusion Charts.

1. FusionCharts appear stretched in inactive tab panel

I have a tab container with 2 tabs. Each tab has two charts in a table with 2 columns. If tab1 was active when the page was loaded, then the charts in tab2 appear stretched, i.e. each tries to occupy the entire visible page width. Similarly if tab2 was active when the page was loaded, the charts in tab1 appear stretched.

2. Bar chart does not export properly.

When I try to export a bar chart to any format, I just get an empty plot with the title and axis labels and a rectangle.

I have attached sample code and screenshots of the issues.

Please help. Thanks!

:)

TestFusionCharts.zippost-28292-0-00496300-1339138877_thumb.pngpost-28292-0-28970100-1339138935_thumb.png

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Please find the response to your queries inline, below:

1. FusionCharts appear stretched in inactive tab panel. I have a tab container with 2 tabs. Each tab has two charts in a table with 2 columns. If tab1 was active when the page was loaded, then the charts in tab2 appear stretched, i.e. each tries to occupy the entire visible page width. Similarly if tab2 was active when the page was loaded, the charts in tab1 appear stretched.

>>It seems that you have set the <table> width to "100%" and for both the Tabs and inside each <table> you are rendering two charts of "95%" width.

Could you please set the <table> width to some fixed pixel value and then try rendering the charts through Tabs?

2. Bar chart does not export properly. When I try to export a bar chart to any format, I just get an empty plot with the title and axis labels and a rectangle.

>>In the XML file (ChartData.xml), could you please set the "exportHandler", "exportAtClient" and "exportAction" attributes with proper values as per your requirement (either client or server side export) and try?

For more information on "Exporting Charts as PDF/images > XML Attributes", please follow the link below:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?exporting-image/ECXML.html

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your response. Please find inline.

Hi,

Please find the response to your queries inline, below:

1. FusionCharts appear stretched in inactive tab panel. I have a tab container with 2 tabs. Each tab has two charts in a table with 2 columns. If tab1 was active when the page was loaded, then the charts in tab2 appear stretched, i.e. each tries to occupy the entire visible page width. Similarly if tab2 was active when the page was loaded, the charts in tab1 appear stretched.

>> It seems that you have set the <table> width to "100%" and for both the Tabs and inside each <table> you are rendering two charts of "95%" width.

Could you please set the <table> width to some fixed pixel value and then try rendering the charts through Tabs?

I want each of the charts to always take up 50% of the space available. That is why setting a fixed pixel value will not work for me.

2. Bar chart does not export properly. When I try to export a bar chart to any format, I just get an empty plot with the title and axis labels and a rectangle.

>> In the XML file (ChartData.xml), could you please set the "exportHandler", "exportAtClient" and "exportAction" attributes with proper values as per your requirement (either client or server side export) and try?

For more information on "Exporting Charts as PDF/images > XML Attributes", please follow the link below:

http://docs.fusionch...mage/ECXML.html

I will try this and let you know. I want to mention that the export works fine for the Column2D chart in the sample. I have also tried it with Pie2D, MSColumn2D, StackedColum2D, MSLine, and a few others and did not face this issue. The issue is only for Bar2D charts.

Hope this helps!

Guest Sashibhusan

Any ideas on how to make the charts flexible in size?

Hi,

Could you please try by placing the <ajaxToolkit: TabPanel> inside the <table> for both the tabs and see if it helps?

Edited by Sashibhusan

Hi,

Could you please try by placing the <ajaxToolkit: TabPanel> inside the <table> for both the tabs and see if it helps?

I did not understand. Could you please explain?