scottbed

X-Axis Scaling

I'm using the multi-series 2d line chart. I want to make sure the slope of the lines is correct (or at least to scale with each other). This means the x-axis values must be the appropriate distance from each other depending on the actual values.

I'm unsure how to do this even after searching the forums. I did see the ability to put null values, which I could do, but this is very difficult to do with different x-axis value types (e.g. integer vs decimal)...you would have to calculate the smallest x difference between two points and use that to generate the nullable points.

For example, if I have x.y points -> 1.5,5; 3,8; 6,4......that would generate 3 points. On the x-axis there would be three values: 1.5, 3, and 6. I want the points to be the correct distance from each other. 6 would be twice as far away from 3 as 3 is from 1.5. But using my current chart props, I get 3 points all the same x distance from each other. I think maybe scale is what I want but not sure.

Thanks.

Guest Sumedh

I'm using the multi-series 2d line chart. I want to make sure the slope of the lines is correct (or at least to scale with each other). This means the x-axis values must be the appropriate distance from each other depending on the actual values.

I'm unsure how to do this even after searching the forums. I did see the ability to put null values, which I could do, but this is very difficult to do with different x-axis value types (e.g. integer vs decimal)...you would have to calculate the smallest x difference between two points and use that to generate the nullable points.

For example, if I have x.y points -> 1.5,5; 3,8; 6,4......that would generate 3 points. On the x-axis there would be three values: 1.5, 3, and 6. I want the points to be the correct distance from each other. 6 would be twice as far away from 3 as 3 is from 1.5. But using my current chart props, I get 3 points all the same x distance from each other. I think maybe scale is what I want but not sure.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you elaborate your requirement a bit more?

Can you paste a screen-shot of your requirement here?

Hi,

Can you elaborate your requirement a bit more?

Can you paste a screen-shot of your requirement here?

I've attached an illustration (NotScaled.png) of what I see on the chart for 3 data points with x values of 1, 2, and 6. This is not what I want because the point at 2 is equi-distant from 1 as it is from 6. I want it to be a single unit away from 1 and 4 units from 6.

I've also attached an illustration of what I want to see (Scaled.png).

As I said, I could probably insert null points but this is very difficult to extrapolate for points that have decimal x values.

Thanks.

post-28362-0-97988500-1340286454_thumb.png

post-28362-0-64062600-1340286461_thumb.png

Guest Sumedh

I've attached an illustration (NotScaled.png) of what I see on the chart for 3 data points with x values of 1, 2, and 6. This is not what I want because the point at 2 is equi-distant from 1 as it is from 6. I want it to be a single unit away from 1 and 4 units from 6.

I've also attached an illustration of what I want to see (Scaled.png).

As I said, I could probably insert null points but this is very difficult to extrapolate for points that have decimal x values.

Thanks.

Hi,

The feature which you are looking for is not supported.

Thanks for your time and support.

Hi Sumedh,

I have a similar requirement but related to timestamp on the x axis. Has this feature been introduced or any workaround?

Rahul

Hi,

The feature which you are looking for is not supported.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Can you please send us the scree-shot of your requirement for better understanding?

Hi Sumedh

Its the same issue as posted by scottbed above...Screenshot is the same

Rahul

Hi,

Can you please send us the scree-shot of your requirement for better understanding?

Guest Sumedh

Hi Rahul,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I am afraid, the feature which you are looking for is not possible, as of now. sad.gif

Hi Rahul,

Why don't you try Scatter chart with drawLine='1' ?

Example XML:

<chart 
  xAxisMaxValue='7' 
  xAxisMinValue='0' 

yAxisMaxValue='100'
  numDivLines='0'
  bgColor='FFFFFF'
  showYAxisValues='0'
>

<categories >
     <category label='1' x='1'/>
     <category label='2' x='2'/>