Sign in to follow this  
venkatc

Javsscript Chart Export.

Hi ,

We are using fusion and power charts in my application using java. We are able to export the charts using java server side code "FusionCharts(eventObject.sender.id).exportChart()" and it's working fine.

We have a issue with flash, when browser does not have flash we are unable to display/export the charts(in IPad also we are getting this issue). To solve this issue, I am using javascript(HTML5) charts data in xml format, this solution is working fine in all browsers (IE7, IE8, IE9, Safari, Chrome, Firefox),

a. when coming into IPad i am able to display only one chart(Babble chart) is working other charts(select Scatter, Column2DY, 2DPie) are not working.

b. Export is not working with old code in all browsers. Can you please advice, what is the best way to export chart as image including IPad.

c. I found we can use php to export javascript charts(http://www.highcharts.com/documentation/how-to-use) but we are using only java. My client is not ready to use PHP.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

Can you please let us know the version of FusionCharts that you are currently using?

a. when coming into IPad i am able to display only one chart(Babble chart) is working other charts(select Scatter, Column2DY, 2DPie) are not working.

>> Please share the XML data with us for testing purposes.

b. Export is not working with old code in all browsers. Can you please advice, what is the best way to export chart as image including IPad.

>> Which code are you referring to here as old code?

Please take note of the few limitations regarding customizability and features, when using the pure JavaScript(HTML5) Export method, listed below,

1. Pure Client-side export is currently not supported

2. Export component currently does not have an equivalent JavaScript fallback

3. Server-side export feature requires a separate setup and implementation

When rendered using JavaScript (HTML5), there is only one mode of export - at Server-side. By default, JavaScript (HTML5) charts use Highcharts server to get exported image. However you can place the PHP and JAR files on your servers and then over-ride the URL.

To know more about the present possibilities and limitations of exporting process using pure JavaScript charts, refer to Exporting Pure JavaScript Charts.

Hope this helps!